Our first impression of the one bedroom suite was good. We viewed the room and decided to book it for 5 days. The kitchen is nice and well equipped. A nice large counter top with 4 bar stools for dining. Not a large suite by any means. Bedroom had just enough room to walk around. Only one night stand due to small room. A nice LCD TV mounted in the living room and a smaller TV in the bedroom. Pull out couch in the living room was not very comfortable for sitting. Housekeeping was poor. Our first morning we noticed that there were corn flakes on the carpet under the dining counter and also on the living room floor. They were still there when we returned later that day after housekeeping had finished. We did not have cereal so obviously the room was not cleaned well before we got it. This prompted me to look under the bed where I found a discarded allergy spray bottle... also not ours. Blinds were very dusty. Looks like the minimum amount of cleaning is done. There is only one air conditioner and it blows directly on the couch in the living room. So loud on the lowest setting that you can not hear the TV. Because of the location of the air conditioner it does little to cool the bedroom. The info book in the room suggests closing windows and using the air conditioner in the evening because small gnats will get in... this it true and they do bite. So you either deal with the loud air conditioner or the gnats. The 2 pools are very nice and the hot tub is nice but a bit too hot (I'm guessing at least 105 degrees). Our balcony was just large enough for the two of us and not at all private. Overall I would say it is an OK place for one night, but I wish we had not booked for the full 5 days because I would have liked to try a different place while we were up here... and there is no refund if you cancel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort is located less than five miles north of the heart of Wisconsin's Sturgeon Bay on scenic Bay Shore Drive. All of our 38 suites have a breathtaking view making it a favorite vacation spot of guests coming to enjoy the splendor of Door County. Westwood Shores has a wide variety of year 'round activities including: heated indoor and outdoor swimming pools, shore-front picnic areas, complimentary paddle boats (in season), wireless high speed wireless and much more! Our spacious suites were redecorated in 2017 - that means new carpet, new paint, new furniture and all new accessories. The best part of our suite though is still the sunset view from each and every balcony. Our lobby features complimentary coffee, tea and hot chocolate and a place to relax and check your email. We are just three miles north of Sturgeon Bay so its an easy drive to restaurants, parks and attractions. We are also the perfect base for discovering all of Door County! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westwood Shores Waterfront Hotel Sturgeon Bay
- Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort Sturgeon Bay, WI - Door County