Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay(Sturgeon Bay)(Great Value!)
$126
Best Western Maritime Inn(Sturgeon Bay)(Great Value!)
$113
$97
BestWestern.com
$107
$87
Hotwire.com
Holiday Music Motel(Sturgeon Bay)(Great Value!)
$79
Hotwire.com
$127
$123
Cherry Hills Golf & Lodge(Sturgeon Bay)(Great Value!)
$95
Orbitz.com
Snug Harbor Inn(Sturgeon Bay)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfull kitchenone bedroom suiteoutdoor pooldoor countygreen baygas fireplacewater viewbeautiful sunsetoff seasonsmall apartmenthot tub and saunathird floorexercise roomdvd playerview of the bayfish creekdefinitely stay here again
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I know Door County is best visited in the summer but a business trip to Manitowoc brought us to the area. We had a fantastic 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite next to the pool. The fireplace made it extra perfect. The weather outside was cold but it was cozy inside and we didn't want to leave. All furnishings were first class and after a day of hiking, the whirlpool was a welcome site.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Indianatraveler44
Reviewed February 5, 2012

My husband was having one of those weeks so I decided to get him out of town for an overnight stay. He loves road trips, but also is very picky when it comes to resorts. He is very noise sensitive so I need to be careful where I book the stay. I saw this site on the website and it looked promising. I contacted the office to explain the situation that I did not know if I could talk him into just getting in the car, I would pack his bag, and get him to somewhere he did not review in advance. I won't get into a lot of details but the staff is INCREDIBLE and personable. I am jumping ahead now where I did talk my husband into getting in the car and when we arrived at the site, he was pleased so decided to spend the night. Upon checkin, the staff had left a little something as a way of saying they heard of the week my husband was having and wanted to make our stay special. This was a great way to start, and appreciated. When we got to the room, it was unbelieable. My husband loved the view, the fireplace (which was on the majority of the time) and how peaceful it was. We went to a little restaurant/bar about a mile away (The cabin) and food and staff was just as great. Great fish fry. Our whole experience was great and I would recommend this site, and can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: It appeared all rooms had a water view so I do not believe there is a bad location, only good.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Julie R
foremostmgt, General Manager at Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

We are so happy to hear you and your husband were able to relax and ease the burden of a stressful week with your stay. Thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed January 19, 2012

We've been staying at WS for winter and summer vacations for several years. Each and every stay has been pleasant in every way. Always clean and comfortable. Nicely furnished, well kept. Friendly and attentive staff too. Close enough to Sturgeon Bay (and the rest of Door County) for convenience, yet far enough away to escape to the slower pace you're after. And those who choose to stay here tend to respect the peace and solitude. Top it all off with spectacular views into the bay and beyond! Our rating does not mean to proclaim this place is extraordinary - it's just a reflection of consistently wonderful and memorable stays. We easily recommend a stay at WS - even if just once. But we wouldn't be surprised if you ended up coming back again - just like we do!

Room Tip: In summer we like a second floor suite set back on the south wing for incredible sunset views. Regardless, it seems every suite's view must have its own merits because the resort is built in the shape of a 'U' with wide open water view. I (and many other happy guests) have posted pictures on the resort's Facebook page. You will quickly see what a nice place this is!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Tom And Andi E
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My brand-new husband and I were gifted a mini-honeymoon to Westwood Shores by his parents back in July. It was just the thing we needed after all the hustle and bustle of the wedding. We checked in and migrated up to our room and found a bottle of Door County wine with a note of congratulations from the staff on the kitchen counter. We stayed in the room located exactly in the middle of the V-shaped building layout, which happened to be the room directly in line with the nightly sunsets. Absolutely beautiful. It was a one bedroom suite, just about the size of my old one-bedroom apartment (600-750 sqft or so). In the room were: a king-sized bed, whirlpool tub, gas fireplace, kitchen with all the tools you could possibly need to do any cooking, LCD TVs, almost full-sized refrigerator, mini balcony for 2, and more. It had everything we needed, plus a helpful directory with locations of nearby shopping and restaurants. A neat highlight that Westwood rooms have is a room journal. People can document highlights of their stay in this notebook and it remains in the room for other visitors to read about the travelers before them. I broke down reading about a man who was on his last trip to Door County with his cancer stricken wife and the memories they shared. Truly touching and honest. Long story short: stay here and be delighted with the spaces of the resort, the places in town, and the faces of the helpful staff!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kari K
Reviewed December 29, 2011

a very nice out of the way resort. if you want to stay close, bring your own food & drink, sturgeon bay is a few miles away. sonnys pizza does have great delivery service. the room was great, awesome view.the only thing we found a bit odd was the fact there were no rest room facilities in the pool area. we had to go to our third floor room. as there are no restrooms in hallways either. makes us wonder how children made it 2-3 hours by pool drinking soda not returning to thier room. will return in summer.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KewauneeBillybob
westwoodshores, Manager at Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2011

Thank you so much for your comment. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and the amenities that Westwood Shores has to offer. I am sorry you were not aware of our common area restrooms. We have them available on the frist floor right down the hall from the indoor pool and also on the 2nd floor right down from the front desk. We look forward to your stay during the summer.