We had a great time at Bridgeport Resort in late August, 2013! I will summarize the many "pros" for this resort, and then a small number of "cons."
- they have AFFORDABLE condos/suites with multiple bedrooms. As a parent with small children, we try to avoid traditional hotel rooms with just one room. Bridgeport allowed us to have 2 bedrooms, a kitchen, and a living room at a VERY reasonable price!
- the room was clean, the kitchen was well stocked, there were TVs in every room, 2 nice bathrooms, a balcony - the room was great
- service as the hotel was great
- our kids LOVED the pools - the indoor splash area was a big hit with my 2-year old. The ball pit in the game room was also a huge hit.
- the hotel was within walking distance of several nice restaurants.
- really, the big "con" is that Bridgeport is still quite a drive from most of the Door County sites we wanted to visit. Sturgeon Bay is about 40-60 minutes away from all the cute little towns up north we wanted to visit (egg harbor, and all the others). We didn't really want to spend our days in Sturgeon Bay itself, so we kept having to drive up North and then drive back down to Sturgeon Bay. We chose to do this, though, because Bridgeport seemed like the best resort for someone with young children. As I said above, it had the most affordable 2-bedroom rooms. AND it had the great indoor pool area, and I was so worried it would rain our entire time there. So it was a tradeoff - location for a big, affordable room. I'm not sure we would make the same choice again, though - but maybe.
- Another possible con is their use of the word "resort." My husband and I have been debating what is necessary for a place to call itself a "resort." Truly, Bridgeport is a really nice hotel - not sure "resort" is the right word. No restaurants, bars, spa....but we knew that in advance, so it wasn't like we arrived and were surprised.
Overall, we really loved the Bridgeport except for the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bridgeport Waterfront Resort is located in the center of historic Sturgeon Bay with exceptional access to all of Door County, Wisconsin’s quaint shops, award winning restaurants, scenic parks and wide variety of attractions. Bridgeport offers spacious one, two and three bedroom suites – with each guestroom featuring a whirlpool, a fireplace and a complete kitchen……the lodging experience at the Bridgeport Waterfront Resort is complimented by an array of on-site recreational amenities including indoor/outdoor heated swimming pools (with a indoor splash park and play ground designed for the youngsters), a whirlpool, a sauna, a fitness center and complimentary high speed wireless internet. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Bridgeport Hotel Sturgeon Bay
- Bridgeport Resort Sturgeon Bay, WI - Door County