“Have to give cleanliness 3”
Review of Bridgeport Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Bridgeport Resort
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Have to give cleanliness a 3 because we had fruit fly problem in room. Left bathroom light on at night (no food was ever left out) and woke up to dead fruit flies all over sink. Next night with all lights off just a few flies. Needless to say I didn't brush teeth or get ready at that sink! Those darn things are just tricky to get rid of. Found it odd that staff came to clean room while I was in the room & didn't say a thing or apologize. But they were all very friendly.
Ok besides that:
Was greeted at desk with a gift bag for my son. Also needed help bringing luggage up. No problem they rushed right out to help me. Views & waterfront walkway are gorgeous!! Watch the fishermen, yachts, boats. Short walk to small park for kids just along the waterfront walkway - maybe a block. Nice Indoor pool and sauna with separate kiddie pool & slide and a game room. Outdoor Pool. Fitness center. Very family friendly. Suites are spacious & cute! No continental breakfast which I was disappointed about for the price. Nice restaurant for breakfast right across street though. Overall I was looking for space for my 19 month old boy to play in the room, in the hotel & outdoors and I found it! I would definitely come back & recommend it. Just don't leave food out or lights on at night & shouldn't be too big of a problem with the fruit flies.

• Stayed: June 2013
GeneralManagerBp, General Manager at Bridgeport Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for your comments....

The Bridgeport Staff takes great pride in facility maintenance/housekeeping - it is most unfortunate that your experience is not what you can normally expect at our facility. Please accept my sincere apologies.....it would be great to discuss this situation with you, call me at
800-671-9190. I am pleased to learn that this incident will not discourarge you from returning.

Regards.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Spent the weekend with another couple, we had a great deal on two rooms. We had King suites which we had not expected. Roomy with new carpet and furniture. Our room was quite stale smelling, smelled of old smoke. Went down to the front desk and they said No problem, we will move you. They gave us a wonderful 2 bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms and a great view. We were not expectng an upgrade just another room without the smoke smell. The front desk staff and cleaning staff were friendly and very helpful. We will all definitely be going back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kjagielski1
GeneralManagerBp, General Manager at Bridgeport Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Hello KJ.....

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Bridgeport Waterfront Resort.....please accept my sincere apologies for the unfortuante issue with the guest room and for sharing your satisfaction with the Brigeport Staff's efforts in correcting the problem. Rest assured, housekeeping/maintenance issues are not what you can normally expect at the Bridgeport Resort.....however, exceptional customer service is a standard expectation!

Your business is greatly appreciated....we look forward to hosting your future visits to Door County.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have stayed here several times and we are always pleasantly surprised that it maintains its fine reputation. We recently were there to celebrate a birthday, the kids swam and enjoyed themselves. When we arrived they upgraded us to a beautiful suite on the corner of the building with a great view of the water and all the huge ships that come to Sturgeon Bay in the winter for maintenance, it is quite a sight to see of those gigantic ships parked along the shore. The room was terrific, will request it again. The Resort personnel are very friendly and accommodating. Wonderful stay and experience.

2  Thank Retired11yrs
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was are 1st family vacation with our 7 1/2 month old son. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and it felt like home. The staff was great and very helpful. It was also nice to have a full kitchen help saved on the cost of eating out. Sonnys pizza was very resonable and great food. The only thing I would recomend is for the resort to have some rocking chairs of some sort for family's with babies in the longe if not in the rooms Great place to stay we plan on staying agian in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the suggestion and the gracious comments.....

I will share your thoughts with the staff and the Board of Directors, a most interesting recommendation. Your business is greatly appreciated.

Dave

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Spent the weekend at Bridgeport with our 4 grandchildren, ages 2 - 14 years old. They all had at time. The Resort is very clean and the all condo was very well equiped. The kids loved the pool and the waterpark is great for the little guys!! We stayed in a Westchester Suite which was awesome with a full waterview and two balconies (too bad it was too cold out to enjoy)!
The staff is so friendly and helpful!!! Location is convenient to everything in Sturgeon Bay!!! Definitely is our favorite in Door County!!!

1  Thank GrammaH
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I absolutely love Bridgeport ! I have been going there for about 13 years! The resort is so clean and the staff is very friendly! I had 100% no problems! I just got back from Bridgeport, and had to write this review as soon as I got home. The pool area is so clean and I love the big area down stairs with the juice machine and coffee machine, for it is a nice place to relax and play games. The room was absolutely wonderful. the views are GREAT! I would stay there year round if I could, but all great things must come to an end eventually, right? I would HIGHLY recommend this resort if you are looking into staying in Door County!

2  Thank OliviaT123
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We recently stayed at Bridgeport and had a great time! Clean room, beautiful waterview, and wonderful staff. Our room had a well stocked kitchen, very comfy bed, and roomy bathroom and whirlpool.
We walked over the historic steel bridge into the downtown area with many shops and places to eat.
We had the best time and will be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lovinlifealways
GeneralManagerBp, General Manager at Bridgeport Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Hello lovinlifealways!

The staff and ownership of the Bridgeport Waterfront Resort takes great pride in the service and accommodations offered by our facility...it is great hear that guests share our opinion - thank you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturgeon Bay
Newport Resort
Newport Resort
#3 of 7 in Egg Harbor
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay

Been to Bridgeport Resort? Share your experiences!