“Home away from home”
Review of Bridgeport Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Bridgeport Resort
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have had the privilege to stay at Bridgeport Resort in Sturgeon Bay a few times in the past few years. I can't help but keep coming back! The resort is located on the Bay and the view was gorgeous both Summer and Winter. The rooms are very spacious and up-to-date. It's so nice to have a suite versus a cramped hotel room. The spa tub is always a special treat.

Our church has used this facility for our Ladies Retreat several years in a row. We have chosen other locations in the past, but this one is so popular we keep coming back here. The meeting room is a nice size for up to 60 people and very convenient. Most importantly, as the coordinator of the retreat, I have been delighted to work with the very accommodating staff at Bridgeport. EVERYONE is so friendly and they have gone over and above to make us feel comfortable and work with our schedule.

There is a great pool area that caters to both adults and kids. My family loves it! Whether you are a family with children, looking for a romantic getaway or just want a "girls weekend" you will love Bridgeport! I plan to return many times in the future.

Room Tip: Waterview suites are worth it!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ginger H
GeneralManagerBp, General Manager at Bridgeport Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Hello Ginger

"I plan to return many times in the future".....and "we" look forward to hosting you and your group. Thank you for the sincere endorsement, it is alway a pleasure to have you as a guest at the Bridgeport Waterfront Resort.

Be well.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed January 19 and 20 and the resort was wonderful. It was our second time here (we spent a weekend here 3 years prior). The TV's were wall mounted but they were adjustable so we were able to lay in bed and the tv which faced the couch could face the bed. The resort has free DVD rentals with a nice variety to choose from. The room that we had faced the bay. We WILL be returning.

The only negatives that we had was that they do not have HD cable/satellite and that the cappuccino and chai tea machine was no longer there.

The downtown area is only a short walk away and there are many other restaurants and little shops. Great value as well.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the bay.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank natedogg4116
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I rented a room with a water view for my birthday. When I arrived at my room there were trees blocking my water view. So I went down to the front desk to ask if I was in the right room. I explained that my room was suppose to have a water view and I was unable to see the water. They said I must want a "deluxe" water view. They offered me a "deluxe"water view room for $20.00 more. The room that we moved to was beautiful, expensive but beautiful. I wrote the manager because I was so disappointed that a water view did not guarantee that you would be able to see any actual water. I feel that that is false advertising. I apparently was not important enough for them to even bother with a response. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Kellie G

Hello Kellie G....

Thank you for you comment....please accept my sincere apologies for the miscommunication and the delayed response - rest assured that "false advertising" is not a practice that the Brideport Waterfront Resort's management team subscribes to nor is not responding to guest comments. A satisfactory resolution to your concern will be offered via email.

I sincerely appreciate your consideration.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

After considering lots of options on where to take our 5 and 2 year old for a couple nights over Christmas break...we landed here. We typically end up in the Dells and that would have actually been more convenient as we were driving from family in Iowa...but we had been feeling "Delled out".

This was the best place to go for a break from the Dells craziness. The hotel had enough to keep our boys happy while allowing us the opportunity to actually sit down instead of chase around waterparks. The set up of the large pool, kiddie pool and hot tub is perfect for those with younger kids.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom corner unit which had lots of space. Only complaint I could find would be it could stand to be updated. It had a bit of an apartment from the 90s feel. BUT - this is minor when the rate is right and everything else was good. I'm not sure what rates are in the summer but we found it very reasonable in the winter.

A nice perk was the complimentary juice/milk/coffee in the lobby area. Not sure if it is always offered but there was complimentary breakfast over the holiday as well.

Would love to visit again when the weather is warmer to take advantage of the large balconies and property. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank mrsweedo18
GeneralManagerBp, General Manager at Bridgeport Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Hello Mrsweed18

"Delled out" - as much as I enjoy the Dells (and I really do), it is great to have alternatives and it is great that you have selected the Bridgeport Waterfront Resort for your Wisconsin Dells respite. If you enjoyed being here in the winter, you will absolutely "love" Door County in the Summer!

Thank you for the note.

Dave

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed from 1/2/13-1/5/13. 2 bedroom suite was great-very nice with great views. The place
was not crowded and our 2 kids had the pool area pretty much to themselves on the wednesday,
Thursday and earlier in the day on Friday so we took advantage of that! It got crowded Friday
afternoon-lots of kids-not much parental supervision to be seen-lots of rowdy behavior but we
enjoyed our time to ourselves while it lasted-we will certainly come back off season. Would not come during summer months-too expensive and too crowded but definitly enjoyed our time
last week!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary this summer with a stay at Bridgeport. We had never been there, but the reviews looked promising. We wanted to be near Door County, yet check out Sturgeon bay as we had never done that before. We were very pleasantly surprised with a room with a beautiful view of Lake Michigan. The service was so friendly and excellent. The room clean and inviting with a "kitchenette" This will be our "go to" hotel in the future for Door County visits and just to stay in general. Very family friendly yet very quiet which surprised us. There is a very large and comfortable common area with coffee, juices etc. TV, games, books....Try it!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerBp, General Manager at Bridgeport Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Hello DZN147:

Thank you for your note....."This will be our "go to" hotel in the future for Door County visits!" That is great news, it will be our pleasure to host your next visit.

Happy New Year.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

This was our first time to Door County in 10 years and our first stay at the Bridgeport Resort. I thought it would be crazy, noisy loud being that it had a ball crawl, kiddie pool, etc. but it was just perfect for us. I especially loved the two sinks in the room....three if you include the bar sink....the hot tub in room was just incredible. There is nothing bad to say about this property....If you are thinking about a visit to Door County but don't want to pay extravagant Door County prices, stay at the Bridgeport....and drive a few miles to the smaller, pricier areas.....will be returning!

Room Tip: Ask for the room with two sinks!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Hello Susan.....

What an outstanding endorsement.....thank you, thank you, thank you for your business and for sharing your thoughts with TripAdvisor - a most kind gesture. "We will be returning!"....and the Bridgeport Staff looks forward to hosting you on future visits to Door County.

Happy New Year Susan.

Newport Resort
Newport Resort
#3 of 7 in Egg Harbor
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay

Been to Bridgeport Resort? Share your experiences!