“Nothing shy of excellent!”
Review of Bridgeport Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Bridgeport Resort
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I had a ladies weekend at the Bridgeport. It was the best vacation I've had in years. The room was clean, comfortable and perfect!. The first night me and one friend stayed in a king suite. The second day we moved to a two bedroom suite, with a total of 4 ladies. Everything was incredible. The outdoor pool was clean, comfortable and perfect! They have free juice and coffee all the time, so we could mix our own drinks with their juice and bring them to the pool area. The room had a balcony as well. The entire staff was more than accommodating. The manager, Dave, is also super awesome. My only complaint - I had to leave!! Well done Bridgeport and thanks for a fabulous weekend.

Room Tip: Get a waterview room. Worth the extra $10.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

It is refreshing to know your group had a great time leevh 119.....!

Thank you for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor and the Bridgeport Staff......if your only complaint is "having to leave," please return soon and often!

Be well, be happy...

Dave Hotlz

Reviewed June 28, 2012

My wife and I and our triplets had an enjoyable stay at the Bridgeport Resort during the memorial day weekend. Every request we made of the staff (and there were many) was greeted with prompt and friendly service. Our suite was well appointed and felt more like living in an apartment than a hotel room. The rooms were clean and spacious. Our private patio area was a nice bonus. If you are looking for a launching pad to explore Door County, Wisconsin then you ought to consider staying at this friendly and well maintained resort.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you for the note Tonyeuge.....

It was great to learn that your family enjoyed your stay and that "Every request we made of the staff (and there were many) was greeted with prompt and friendly service"......the Bridgeport Staff looks forward to hosting you, your wife and the three little miracles on future visits to Door County.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have been to Door Co. before but this was by far the best place I have stayed at. My girlfriend and I enjoyed a bottle of local wine on the patio less than 10 min. upon arrival. Easy check in thanks to the very helpful front desk lady, Jessica. Beautiful room with a jacuzzi and 2 rooms including a full kitchen, you could not ask for more. Our walk in the morning was wonderful. We saw the boats on the docks on the bay and walked on a nice path right outside our rooms. Pool was perfect. I could go on and on. A piece of paradise to be sure!

Room Tip: Choose a room with the view of the bay.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2012

checked in to what we thought was a corner utopia suite only to find ouw we had a middle unit. Spoke to the front desk and customer service was nil. Was told that all the Utopia units are same ( and having stayed there before I know they are not) Would liked to have seen one of the front desk staff get her feet off the counter and stop texting while we were speaking to the other front desk person. Would have been nice to see some understanding or a little customer service. While miscommunications happen, a complete indiference and attitude of your are lucky to be here does not start a stay off well. Asked to speak to the manager and was met with the more of the same. A simple sorry about the mistake or any sort compassion goes a long way in the hopsitality industry.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank chips13
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you for your comments Chips 13.....

My sincere apologies for this unfortunate experience...there is no excuse for the lack of understanding and customer care, a rarity at the Bridgeport Waterfront Resort. Please contact me at 800-671-9190 - it is my goal to retain you as a Bridgeport guest. Your consideration is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Bridgeport Resort is a beautiful place. The rooms and scenery in Door County is a must see for everyone. Any place with two pools is too cool for me.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Had a recent weekend in DC with the girls I worked with at the Landmark Resort. I had never stayed at Bridgeport in all my years in DC, and was very impressed with the resort. The location is great, the front desk staff extremely helpful and friendly, and the cleanliness of the rooms and resort in general were excellent.
Our condo was a two bedroom -well appointed, and fun to be in....we watched the Kentucky Derby and even enjoyed our waterview balcony - although the weather didn't cooperate.
I would recommend staying here for business, couples, families, friends, and even alone...The location is perfect.
Thanks Dave - the manager - great job!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We were there in early May, before tourists. Place had very few people, so got a great price on the room. Older property that needs some TLC. DARK hallways, my husband said creepy. Dark and dingy room. We had river view and was told by the recetionist it was her favorite room........We were back in a corner.

Room Tip: River side
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank twopickypeople
GeneralManagerBp, General Manager at Bridgeport Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Hello "TwoPickyPeople:"

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Bridgeport Waterfront Resort....the staff and owners are very proud of the service and accommodations offered by our facility - this fact is supported by Bridgeport's perennial listing as the first or second rated property in Door County. It is most unfortunate that your experience did not meet your expectations.

Over the past eighteen months, a half a million dollars has been invested in the property....guest room/public area carpet, flat screen televisions, new amenities and an outdoor deck to witness the incredible Door County sunsets.

Please contact me to discuss your stay....it is my sincere hope that your experience does not discourage you from returning to the Bridgeport Waterfront Resort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturgeon Bay
Newport Resort
Newport Resort
#3 of 7 in Egg Harbor
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay

Been to Bridgeport Resort? Share your experiences!