“Love this place!”

Door County Coffee and Tea Co.
Cuisines: Cafe, American, Healthy
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Salem, Wisconsin
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Everytime we are in Door County we try to stop by. Since it is located where we would normally stop coming into down or leaving we ususally end up having lunch on our way back home. My favorite is the homemade chicken salad, it is simply great!!! The marinated veggie saled is delish as well. Of course the visot wouldn't be complete without a little shopping.

• Visited November 2013
DCCoffee, _ at Door County Coffee and Tea Co., responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for always making us part of your visits to Door County! Sounds like you truly enjoy a little bit of both the great Cafe and the fabulous selection of items in the Gift Shop. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We promise we will keep making the delicious meals you enjoy and keep that store well-stocked!!

Eagle, Wisconsin
“Don't be in a hurry”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Have driven by a number of times and decided to check it out, something simple a tall Mocha. There were three people tripping over each other behind the counter, the attendant handling my order was answering questions to co-workers, another had a number of items to ring up for another customer so this slowed the process down considerably. Can't imagine how they balance each day with three people in the register. Once I got my coffee it was luke warm and not that good. I will continue to drive by in future

• Visited October 2013
DCCoffee, Owner at Door County Coffee and Tea Co., responded to this review, October 29, 2013
We are so sorry we disappointed you on your recent visit to our Café! While you did visit us on one of our busiest days of the year, that’s simply no excuse. You should never have received a lukewarm coffee – ever - and we sure hope you come back and try us again.

If you do come back, please ask for Vicki Wilson (that’s me – I am the owner) or, if I am not here, ask for Randy Morrow (our Vice President) – we would love to treat you to a drink and bakery treats of your choice!

Vicki Wilson, Owner & Founder
Princeton, IL.
“Friendly and fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

If I'm awake there is a good chance there is coffee - hot or iced - somewhere within reach. This was everything we had hoped for. Had breakfast one day and enjoyed it enough to go back again but they were too busy to work for us the second time. Came home with a shopping bag full of coffee beans and expect to be ordering more soon.

Visited October 2013
DCCoffee, _ at Door County Coffee and Tea Co., responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for visiting not once, but twice while you were here! Then talk about ordering on-line...music to our ears!! We of course enjoy when people visit us here in Door County the most, but are thrilled when you are able to continue to enjoy the coffee all year no matter where you live if you chose to do so!! Thanks for stopping in and for taking the time to share your experience with all of us.
Chicago, Illinois
“Overpriced and overcrowded”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Granted, I probably visited on the busiest weekend of the autumn season, however I found this place to be suited less toward the "coffee shop" connoisseur and more toward the "homemade jellies and potpourri" tourist, if you know what I mean. My wife said the coffee was good and my kids appreciated the doughnuts. But, this would not be a destination point for me.

• Visited October 2013
DCCoffee, Owner at Door County Coffee and Tea Co., responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thanks for your comments and we’re so sorry you were disappointed! We have to admit, this past weekend is normally one of our busiest of the year, especially with the fall colors and the fall festivals in the area, and yes – we did have crowds! We did our best to keep the lines moving so our guests could get out and enjoy our beautiful Door County!

Plus, we agree, we may not be your ‘typical coffee house’. We are actually a coffee roaster and retailer. We roast more than 100 varieties of our coffee “on site” and you can watch our staff roasting coffees looking through our roasting window. Also, as coffee lovers, we have found that many of our guests are also ‘foodies’ – so, we have tried to bring into our retail store many of the locally produced gourmet foods – which include syrups, jams, mustards, and more – most of which are made in Door County! Oh, and we added 8 tables for breakfast and lunch dining – along with our homemade soups and bakery!

I am glad that your wife enjoyed the coffee and the kids enjoyed the doughnuts, and again, I am sorry that we missed the mark with you. We do hope that you come back again and give us another opportunity. If you do come back, please ask for Vicki Wilson (that’s me – and I am the owner) or, if I am not here, ask for Randy Morrow (our Vice President) – we would love to treat you and your family any drink and bakery treats of your choice!

Vicki Wilson, Owner & Founder
Racine, Wisconsin
“Excellent coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is a nice little cafe and bakery although I did not order anything to eat. The food looked good but I was only there for coffee. The staff are friendly and helpful. I had a blended iced mocha and it was delicious and not too sweet. I would come here again for coffee if in the area and try some of thier food if I was hungry.

• Visited October 2013
DCCoffee, _ at Door County Coffee and Tea Co., responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Blended Ice Mocha...what an excellent choice!! So glad to hear that the staff was friendly and the drink was enjoyable! The two most important things in our Cafe!! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with all of us and next time we hope you can stay for a homemade meal too!