“Great Experience”
Review of John Martin's Restaurant - CLOSED

John Martin's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Fusion, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in downtown Sturgeon Bay on Historic Third Avenue in beautiful Door County, Wisconsin. Choose to dine at the bar, at a bistro table along the sidewalk or relax on a cushioned chair in the cozy wood floor dining room. Large photos focusing on the history of Sturgeon Bay pepper the restaurant. The new chef has a strong bent on creativity and local sourcing. His philosophy for features is "Familiar enough to be comfortable but exotic enough to be exciting." The focus is on local and fresh (organic features, and appetizers, in season) is apparent, and when blended with the passion of the staff, it is becoming a foodie destination. We will work with any and all dietary restrictions or food allergies. Ask about "Chefs Choice" options. Call for reservations or a chef consultation for that special occasion.
Reviewed July 25, 2014

My husband and I live north of Sturgeon Bay and have many great restaurants to choose from! This was our first visit to John Martins and we were pleasantly surprised. We were there for lunch and had a great Rueben Sandwich and a wonderful Caesar Salad. We had the homemade chips with our sandwich and they were the best we have ever had - very thin. Our waitress was efficient and cheerful and eating there was a great experience!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Ate here on a recent visit to Dorr County. Got off on a shaky start as the dining room filled up as right after we arrived. But the service soon became very good. I had the Chicken Vesivio which is very difficult to find outside of the Chicago area. It was every bit as good as I remembered it!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

This is a really nice small restaurant in Sturgeon Bay with an excellent meal. By far our best meal of the week in the thumb of Wisconsin!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

An unassuming looking building, but believe me they have excellent food. I had a ribeye which was cooked to perfection and my husband had the sausage pasta. Both meals were more like the type seen in an upscale restaurant. Salads were fresh and dressings were homemade. Wish we would have had room for their luscious looking desserts, but we were full. We've been in Door County for five nights and this was by far the VERY best meal we've eaten. Do not miss it if you are in Door County.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I was a little worried when the restaurant was completely empty when we showed up, but went ahead and ordered. The soup and salad that came out first were okay, nothing to get excited about. My boyfriend and I each ordered a shrimp pasta dish and, WOW, they were good! The shrimp were very large and cooked to perfection. The flavor of the pasta sauces was incredible. We both agreed it was some of the best pasta and shrimp we had ever had.

Apparently they got a new chef in the last few months, so I highly recommend giving it a try, even if you have been before.