“The best turkey chili”
Review of John Martin's Restaurant - CLOSED

John Martin's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Fusion, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in downtown Sturgeon Bay on Historic Third Avenue in beautiful Door County, Wisconsin. Choose to dine at the bar, at a bistro table along the sidewalk or relax on a cushioned chair in the cozy wood floor dining room. Large photos focusing on the history of Sturgeon Bay pepper the restaurant. The new chef has a strong bent on creativity and local sourcing. His philosophy for features is "Familiar enough to be comfortable but exotic enough to be exciting." The focus is on local and fresh (organic features, and appetizers, in season) is apparent, and when blended with the passion of the staff, it is becoming a foodie destination. We will work with any and all dietary restrictions or food allergies. Ask about "Chefs Choice" options. Call for reservations or a chef consultation for that special occasion.
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Instead of having a salad,I ordered the turkey chili.It was awesome
My pasta with chicken was very tasty.The server was very friendly and nice.She let us taste a beer choice before we ordered a full glass.I was very impressed.I would go back!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Nice variety of choices on the menu and the atmosphere is that of a neighborhood favorite, which it is!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The filet mignon was excellent-fork tender and prepared perfectly. The cherry BBQ meat loaf is a local variation of the old standby, and must be an acquired taste-use caution when ordering.

1  Thank Frequentravlr
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I waitressed all through college, my dad owned a bar & grill, and I have a pretty good idea of what a good restaurant should offer. The only thing this place has going for it is the atmosphere. It has nice furniture. The waitress was disinterested in getting our order, unfriendly, messed up our order, and was overall poor. Some of the food was bland and tasteless. The manager seemed more interested in helping us and tried to help. That was appreciated... Just an overall blah experience after high hopes.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

When we have gone, which is several times, we always seem to have to stand around awhile before someone seats us. It is awkward and odd as the bartender does not say anything or welcome us. I would not go back because of this, if it wasn't for the food. Food is wonderful and gourmet but with a reasonable price tag. The honey balsamic chicken is fantastic and the root vegetable medley is hard to believe it is vegetables!

1  Thank Ariane W