“A Welcome Retreat”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
Janesville, Wisconsin
“A Welcome Retreat”
Reviewed December 1, 2009

After the hustle & bustle of Thanksgiving, a restful retreat was in order. Americinn of Sturgeon Bay supplied such the setting. Very conveniently located, easy access. Fantastic continental breakfast, best I've ever had! The room was extremely quiet. Not sure about the pool because of the in-room whirlpool! A wonderful treat after a long & chilly day of shopping in Door Cty.The staff was great, from the front desk to the housekeepers. During my next trip to Door Cty, Americinn of Sturgeon Bay will be my first choice for accommodations!

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Wisconsin
Reviewed November 11, 2009

Very quiet room. Friendly staff. Nice breakfast in the morning with staff member there making sure everything was ready, even for late risers. Not the most lavish hotel, but fine for one night.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Ilinois
Reviewed November 9, 2009

My new husband and I stayed at the AmericInn in Sturgeon Bay for a week on our honeymoon in October, 2009. We were able to get a two room suite with fireplace and jacuzzi for a very reasonable rate. The rooms were well appointed, very clean, and quiet. The housekeeping service was discrete and effective. The front desk staff were very helpful, and eager to provide information to help us make our trip to Door County more enjoyable. The breakfast was well-rounded and of good quality - and helped to make the start of our days a bit less hectic. Staying in Sturgeon Bay provided the widest range of shopping and dining choices at reasonable rates as well. An all around good choice.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Waukesha,WI
Reviewed October 20, 2009

My husband and I have stayed here before and when we know we are going up there again, that's the place! It's quiet, nice personnel, great location! It's everything you want it to be.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Oakdale, Minnesota
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Of course, staying in Door County, WI during the summer months (or in this case, at the end of the summer months) hotels can be expensive. This one is definitely overpriced for what you get. It's definitely in a good location, right off the state highway as you get into Sturgeon Bay. The room was tiny for a double room and smelled (probably something to do with the AC). Nothing spectacular with the rooms. The bathroom was really small; hard to manuever around. I will give a kudos to the continental breakfast as it hit the spot. The lady tried to charge us a more expensive rate when we checked in because my wife got a cheaper deal and confirmed with AmericInn when she confirmed the reservation. It got squared away though, but there shouldn't have been a question about it. Basically, you get what you expect for this hotel during the summer months in Door County.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Maplewood, Minnesota
Reviewed October 8, 2009

When I arrived at the hotel there was a problem with my reservation. Apparently the Americinn website will change you to one of their other hotels if the rate/dates are not available at the hotel selected, I did not notice that it had done this and it put in a hotel 45 miles from where I really wanted to stay. The young gal working the desk when I arrived was very friendly and helpful, instead of telling me I would have to drive back the other hotel she called them on the phone and got them to cancel the reservation there and also drop the late cancellation fee. As the hotel where I wanted to stay was quite full, she put me up in a better room than I would have had for the same price! I was very pleased with how things worked out and I will be sure to stay there the next time I am in Sturgeon Bay. The hotel itself had a very good breakfast, the free wireless internet connection worked perfectly and the room was very clean and quiet. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 2, 2009

This was our first time staying at an AmericInn hotel. We were extremely impressed with the friendly and courteous service we received. The hotel staff went out of their way to provide us with directions to the restaurnat of our choice. They gave explicit directions and also offered us other dining cnoices.

Our room was very clean and comfortable. The location of the hotel made it easy to fully enjoy all that Door County has to offer.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
#4 of 7 in Egg Harbor
Newport Resort
Newport Resort
#3 of 7 in Egg Harbor

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay? Share your experiences!