“Overpriced, but does the trick”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Of course, staying in Door County, WI during the summer months (or in this case, at the end of the summer months) hotels can be expensive. This one is definitely overpriced for what you get. It's definitely in a good location, right off the state highway as you get into Sturgeon Bay. The room was tiny for a double room and smelled (probably something to do with the AC). Nothing spectacular with the rooms. The bathroom was really small; hard to manuever around. I will give a kudos to the continental breakfast as it hit the spot. The lady tried to charge us a more expensive rate when we checked in because my wife got a cheaper deal and confirmed with AmericInn when she confirmed the reservation. It got squared away though, but there shouldn't have been a question about it. Basically, you get what you expect for this hotel during the summer months in Door County.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed October 8, 2009

When I arrived at the hotel there was a problem with my reservation. Apparently the Americinn website will change you to one of their other hotels if the rate/dates are not available at the hotel selected, I did not notice that it had done this and it put in a hotel 45 miles from where I really wanted to stay. The young gal working the desk when I arrived was very friendly and helpful, instead of telling me I would have to drive back the other hotel she called them on the phone and got them to cancel the reservation there and also drop the late cancellation fee. As the hotel where I wanted to stay was quite full, she put me up in a better room than I would have had for the same price! I was very pleased with how things worked out and I will be sure to stay there the next time I am in Sturgeon Bay. The hotel itself had a very good breakfast, the free wireless internet connection worked perfectly and the room was very clean and quiet. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2009

This was our first time staying at an AmericInn hotel. We were extremely impressed with the friendly and courteous service we received. The hotel staff went out of their way to provide us with directions to the restaurnat of our choice. They gave explicit directions and also offered us other dining cnoices.

Our room was very clean and comfortable. The location of the hotel made it easy to fully enjoy all that Door County has to offer.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank brenlecamp
Reviewed September 15, 2009

Another extremely nice AmericInn. The room was clean, the furniture very new, the continental breakfast included a large selection of items (cereal, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, muffins, donuts, toast, yogurt, juice, milk, tea, coffee, etc.). Check-in and check-out was a breeze. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Gina & I stayed at the AmericInn in Sturgeon Bay for a Labor Day road trip to Door county. We had stayed here a few years ago, & had seen good reviews here, so we came again. We stayed at the motel, but didn't hang around during the day. We spent the weekend driving & walking around Door County, all the little villages along the lakeshore, & took the ferry to spend a day on Washington Island.

It's a good location, near the main roads & convenient to most restaurants, attractions, etc. in the area. The room was clean, well-maintained, & comforatble, with a nice king-size bed. This room also had a whirlpool bath, which was nice to relax in. The pool area was very nice too, with a nice jacuzzi & sauna, also a nice way to relax after a day of sight-seeing. A big selling point is the free breakfast. It's a self-service breakfast room, & it's not just cereal & pastries either. They had scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, & those Golden Malted waffles. It would be mid to late afternoon before we would even think about lunch or supper.

Overall it's a very nice place, with very helpful & friendly staff, & made for a very enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2009

When we first arrived the hotel clerk was very nice. She never got frustrated with me even though I asked about 20 questions about the area. She also recommened a great restaurant where my husband and I celebrated our first anniversary. The room was very nice and clean. We stayed in a smoking room which the smell was a little noticable. Our room had a whirlpool which was excellent. They have a pool and hot tub which looked clean. We didn't use it because we just had no time. Very convienent location. Right on HWY 42 which takes you everywhere you need to go.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dbuelow2
Reviewed August 4, 2009

We enjoyed staying here. Everything was clean, comfortable, and welcoming. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
#1 of 7 in Egg Harbor
Super 8 Sturgeon Bay
Super 8 Sturgeon Bay
#16 of 17 in Sturgeon Bay

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay? Share your experiences!