“Perfect for family with teenage girls”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
Orland Park, Illinois, United States
“Perfect for family with teenage girls”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My wife and I were very pleased and surprised how clean and quiet this hotel was. Even it's busy location next to a Target, McD's, and gas station gave me early concerns when I approached the hotel. We stayed 3 nights (Sat - Monday) in early August, and no problems at all. Most of the guests were older (40's - 60's) so no screaming little kids to deal with. My 12 and 14 yr old daughters enjoyed the pool every night. I also enjoyed the free buffet breakfast each morning, and having a small dining / tv area to catch news or a show. There are 2 additional computers with printers to search the internet for activities for travel arrangements.

Room Tip: I'm guessing east facing rooms may be quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike J
Lisa W, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Mike J,

We thank you for the great review and are glad your family enjoyed their stay. We do truly appreciate the time and effort taken to leave your fantastic review.

We do hope to see you all on future visits to Door County.

Lisa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lake in the Hills, IL
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I am super impressed with our stay at AmericInn in Sturgeon Bay. Our family of 5 was pleasantly surprised at how cute and clean the hotel is. Our room, 202, was a suite with a whirlpool tub that our 8 year old enjoyed after a day of hiking and sight seeing. The beds were comfortable and we didn't hear any noise from other guests. The breakfast was plentiful and there was something for everyone: eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, fresh fruit, pastries, and make your own waffles.
On our way home to the Chicago-area, I realized I had left my Kindle in the endtable next to the bed. I called the front desk and asked if they could ship the Kindle to me. The Kindle arrived at my house 2 days later. A huge shout out of thanks to the wonderful staff at AmericInn Lodge. I appreciate your hospitality and customer service. I will recommend your hotel to all my friends who are headed to Door County :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear AngieGator,

Thank you so much for your exceptional review. We are so pleased you and your family enjoyed their stay and are glad we were able to return your property to you. I will definately share this with the staff. WE truly appreciate the kind words and hope to see you on your next stay in Door County.

Best Regards,

Onalaska, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Great comfortable inn. Clean great breakfast quiet good price Forgot to ask for triple A discount on check in but they happily fixed it the next day. Amy at the Front desk checked us in quickly even though we just walked in no reservation. Great jump off point to the wineries and small towns up the peninsula. Across street from convenience store McDonalds and Target. Great set up for extended stay. Double Queen very spacious microwave and fridge. We were there for peak cherry picking and brought home a few gallons.

Room Tip: First floor away from front street quiet and easy to get to and away from pool noise
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MikeJennyQ
Lisa W, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear MikeJennyQ,

Thank you very much for writing such a great review, we all truly appreciate it. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and I will make sure to share your kind words with all of the staff.

We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in Sturgeon Bay. Thank you again for the great review!

Atlanta, ga
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed here on the way to Door County. Appeared to be a new hotel, or nearly so. The price is very reasonable, especially for the area. Room was clean, comfortable. Free wifi. Nice lounge area up front, breakfast was good. The desk clerks were always helpful. Altogether, I recommend it. Not the Ritz, but a clean room and a good nights sleep.. . Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank tawanda18
Lisa W, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear tawanda18,

Thank you for sharing your kind words and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us in Sturgeon Bay. We hope to see you on your future visits!

Best Regards,

Green Bay, WI
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I've been meaning to write this for awhile now. Our family gets together for a post-Christmas event every year. A couple of years ago I found this place as an alternative to having the parties at home as our family was growing and there wasn't much for the kids to do when we got together. We rented the conference room which has a door into the swimming pool and archade rooms. Anyone coming from out of town also got a room so they didn't have to drive back at night. This hotel is so accomodating and is a great location being right off the highway. The conference room isn't huge but it works out great for our group of about 25 people. They allowed us to bring in our food and set up for the party. Our family could enjoy the pool and games in the archade. It works out just great and the price is fantastic. When it came time to do it again this year, my brother decided to rent the room out again as everyone was so happy with it. Good job Americinn!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lisa W, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear annhe,

I am thrilled to receive your review and doubly thrilled that your family will plan on staying with us for your next family gathering. Thank you very much for sharing and taking time out, we all truly appreciate the kind words. We look forward to seeing you all again and hope to continue providing a comfortable environment for your family to share quality time together.

Thank you again for the great review!

Madison, WI
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here over Memorial Day weekend with my husband and 2 year old daughter. We had a king room which was clean and had nice updated modern touches. The bed was great and there were plenty of pillows to make for a great night of sleep. Our room was also quiet and was perfect for a home base when traveling up the peninsula with a fridge and microwave. When we arrived to check in, the front desk lady was sweet and accommodating. She also made us aware of the big bridge being closed which helped us plan an alternative route and prepare for extra time to get to where we were going. The breakfast and seating area were great. They had waffles, eggs, sausage, oatmeal, cereal, juice, coffee, tea, milk, pastries, bread, yogurt and fresh fruit. The pool area was very nice and clean as well. I work at a resort in the Wisconsin Dells area and have a very high standard when it comes to overnight accommodations. This Hotel exceeded all of my expectations and I would recommend it to any travelers headed up to Door County.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dani-Wisconsin
Dear Dani-Wisconsin,

We truly appreciate the time you took to share about your experience with us. Thank you very much for the great review, it certainly is appreciated by all of the staff. We look forward to having you with us in the future.

Oak Brook, Illinois
Reviewed May 13, 2013

When I made reservations I knew that Americinns are not 5 star and some of the ones I have stayed in are dated. But knowing Sturgeon Bay for almost a half of a century, I know that hotels in the immediate area are few and far between other than B and Bs and three chain hotels. The best looking hotel, newest and most highly rated is the Americinn...so I though I would give it a go. There were two adults and three kids under the age of 4. When we walked into the lobby, it was clean, orderly and I could tell the GM and/or owner took pride in the place. The desk staff was friendly and gracious. We had a one room suite which was perfect for three kids and some pack'n'plays to use as cribs. The room was clean, especially the bathroom. Not unlike most chain hotels, the room decor is dark, but it was functional and comfortable. My daughter tells me the pool was nice also. You can't beat it for the money! I would recommend this hotel to all for reliable accommodation. Also, right across the street is a McDonald's and two blocks is a Target. Also minutes from downtown Sturgeon Bay shops and dining.

Room Tip: Only stated in the two room fireplace suite. One good feature is that the room is located directly...
Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lisa W, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Elizabeth M,

We were thrilled to read your wonderful review. It is very appreciated and the staff is grateful for the kind words. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you with us in the near future, hopefully.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to share and give us such a wonderful review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturgeon Bay
#4 of 7 in Egg Harbor
Newport Resort
Newport Resort
#3 of 7 in Egg Harbor

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay? Share your experiences!