“Road Warriors Take Notice!”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have stayed at this property in the past. All I can say is it gets better everytime. From Kim who checked me in and made sure I had a desk to work on before assigning me a room to Shelia the breakfast gal who loves to please and chat the guests n the mornings

There are a few things I would like to point out for the Business Road Warrior:
EXTRA POINTS for the hotel having electrical outlets above the desk and night stand to plug our computers, phones, etc into.

The desk in the rooms are very small, dont expect a large work area to spread out your spreadsheets, laptop, and ipad. The desk chairs are new and comfortable.

The hotel has a 48 HOUR CANCELLATION policy. This is a real setback for me as a business traveler as I am routed by GPS and get my plans changed hourly somedays. This policy may prevent me from some future stays at this property

All in all this place is still the best place and my first choice when traveling on business to Door County. None of these are intended to be a negative as this hotel caters to Vacationeers, but those of us that have to travel to Door county on business, this should be your first choice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Lisa W, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear David P,

It was very nice to meet you and I am thankful for your honest feedback. I am happy that the improvements we are implementing are affecting our guests in a tremendously positive way. We certainly appreciate all of our guests and try to provide as many conveniences as possible to provide an exceptional stay for all, be it however long or short. We do have a 48 hour cancellation policy, however we understand that sometimes plans and situations change beyond human control; each situation is unique and will be handled as such. We welcome inquiries directly and are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us once again.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future. Thank you again for taking time to share your kind words.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 20, 2012

The Americinn is a well maintained hotel. The pool area is spacious with a nice sized pool, whirlpool, sauna and game area. Breakfast includes waffles and a couple of other hot items. The price is reasonable and it is in a good spot to begin your time in the Door Peninsula. The staff was helpful in suggesting good places to eat and had coupons for one restaurant. There is a lot of information in the lobby to help you plan your activities.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear orenw,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your great review. We are very happy your stay in Door County was enjoyable and that we could assist in helping you during your vacation. We hope to see you again on another visit to our beautiful County.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel was very easy to find. Right as you get to town on the main road. Across the street is a McDonalds and gas station and also next door is a Target. We stayed here and then drove up 1 side of door county the first day, drove up the other side the next day and then did the fire boat tour the next day and walked around town. Was in a perfect spot. Just remember everything closes around 5pm.
The breakfast was great and they kept everything stocked up. The pool and hot tub were nice too. The beds were awsome. We all got a great nights sleep. I was worried when I saw our room was right next to the ice machine and laundry room but we heard no noises.
If I every go back to door county I will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kristine N
Lisa W, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear Kris,

Thank you for the great review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and had a nice time touring the County. We hope to see you on your next trip to Door County. Thanks again for taking the time to share, we certainly appreciate it.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We use this hotel as our "base of operations" when we visit Door County. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. Staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel provides a free breakfast as part of the stay; cereal, fresh fruit, waffles, eggs(hard boiled and omelet), bagels,.... Local restaurants are within easy driving range. We plan to go back for our next trip to Door County.
In addition I love their pillows and need to call and ask where they got them. I want one.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Jackie H,

Thanks so much for your kind words, we truly appreciate it. We are truly happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is a chain hotel, very clean, friendly staff. After an 11 hour drive the hotel was easy to find, check-in was seamless, and the desk clerk was very helpful in directing us to a local restaurant. Breakfast was nice, with some hot items to compliment the typical continental fair. I would use this chain again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Lisa W, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear scl305,

Thank you for taking time out to review our hotel. We appreciate your nice review and are very glad you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Very Sincerely,

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We chose this hotel for several reasons: The good reviews, cheaper price compared to places with a beach view, and the hot breakfast. Everything was as advertised. The beds were comfortable, the room quiet, there was a decent indoor pool, and a breakfast with some hot items like eggs and sausage that changed daily. The staff were helpful, especially when our diabetic child needed some assistance. One one occasion we needed orange juice to treat a low in the evening and also at breakfast we asked to see the oatmeal box to get the carb count. We were never made to feel like a bother. Although I would like to try to stay closer to the glorious Peninsula State Park next time, I highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Door County on a budget, and anyone traveling with a diabetic. This place gives diabetics a better free option to the standard continental carb fest breakfast. And, it is very close to another state park and not that far to get to the tourist attractions. The only things that I could have wished for were a slightly warmer pool, and real cooked oatmeal instead of the dry packets. And our diabetic son wanted more fresh fruit options than apples and oranges. But those were small things that did not mar our stay. It was a good value.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Lisa W, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Dear llvnazoo,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a thoughtful review. I am very glad your son's needs were met with expediency and hospitality. I am also pleased to hear the menu we offer does give the diet conscious a fair choice of non-carb options. It is great to get feedback we can use to continually improve and I will share this with the staff, they will be pleased.

Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next Door County adventure!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Room was very clean and staff was very friendly. The room was quiet and spacious. Continental breakfast area was clean, well-stocked and had nice variety. Convenient location. Fair price for Door Co. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Online sites indicated no rooms, but when I called the hotel directly they were able to accommodate...