AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn & Suites(Sturgeon Bay)
Bridgeport Resort(Sturgeon Bay)
View Hotel
Stone Harbor Resort(Sturgeon Bay)
View Hotel
Holiday Music Motel(Sturgeon Bay)
View Hotel
Cliff Dwellers Resort(Sturgeon Bay)
View Hotel
Beach Harbor Resort(Sturgeon Bay)
View Hotel
Snug Harbor Inn(Sturgeon Bay)
View Hotel
All reviewsdoor countygas stationroom was cleanpool area was cleanbiscuits and gravywould stay here againnice breakfastquiet hotelprice was reasonableking roomthe main highwayfront desk staffpool and hot tubexcellent staynice place to stayhot breakfastfree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Decided to try this hotel on a whim. Just came up to visit friends and decided to stay two nights as we were on a little business and a little friend trip and were able to get a reasonable rate so gave it a whirl. Glad we did because now we know where we will stay if at the more southern end of Door County. The rooms were so very clean and that is one of my major requirements. I don't really care so much about the amenties but the place has got to be clean. Not only was my room that way, but the whole hotel in general was clean. The lobby is comfortable and we sat there periodically just visiting with each other because it was so comfortable. We didn't use the pool, but that area was very clean. The breakfast was adequate and front desk was great. Especially Kim, who maybe is a manager. My daughter thought she left her camera there. We called and Kim got right on it and called me back to let me know she wasn't able to find it...well of course she couldn't find it because it was actually in my daughters suitcase, right where she forgot she put it. But Kim was very concerned about the camera and sounded actually relieved when told we had found it. She may have cursed us behind our backs but we would have never known it by her excellent attitude! We would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bofamily
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Dear bofamily,

We truly appreciate the great review and are very glad you enjoyed your stay. I will share this with the staff and am sure Kim will appreciate your praises as well. Thank you for taking the time to share, it is very appreciated. We will look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Affordable hotel, with breakfast included. Nice breakfast in the morning. Only two floors to hotel. Daughter enjoyed the pool but it was very chlorinated smelling in pool area so we didn't stay long.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Dear Shellyb007,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your kind words and helpful information as well. We do apologize that the pool was not as expected and have taken steps to resolve the chemical smell. We hope to see you again in the future and do truly thank you for sharing.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Extra quiet rooms and super comfortable beds make this an ideal place to stay. I stayed 3 nights and I had the best service I could have asked for. Pool area was great. My only observation, it's not a complaint, is that the jets in the whirlpool seem to be askew. It was still great, but sometimes the jets shot water into your face. It wasn't a bad thing, just surprising.

I would loved to have time to just hang out here for longer. The lobby was comfortable and inviting and just begged to be used as a nice place to curl up with a book. The staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. I will definitely recommend this to all traveling this direction and will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Lisa W, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Dear Soevcgn,
Thank you very much for your nice comments and suggestion about the jets in the whirlpool. We will take care of changing the aim to a less shocking direction. I am so glad you had a relaxing stay and we look forward to inviting you back any time. Hint - In the winter when the lobby fireplace is lit and if we have snow it is an extremely cozy lobby to spend some relaxing time in. Thank you again for the excellent review.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I chose to stay at this AmericInn based on the reviews that I read online, and they were right on the money. The hotel is clean, comfortable and the staff were very friendly, down to earth people that made me feel welcome and among friends.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Dear MelanieG,
Thank you very much for your excellent review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and that we lived up to your expectations. I will make sure to pass along your kind words to the rest of the staff. We look forward to seeing again inthe near future.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

They say the 3rd time is a charm. This is the 3rd time staying here and nothing has changed except for a few more friendly faces! Sheila and her housekeeping staff continue to be outstanding! And her breakfast staff is also wonderful. Great breakfast to get the day started. The pool is very refreshing after a trip to the sauna. I'm sure the 4th, 5th & 6th trip will be a satisfying as the 1st, 2nd & 3rd! Quiet, clean & very reasonable rates. What more can you ask for!!! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lisa W, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear Gary,
Thank you very much for the excellent review. We are so pleased that you continue to have outstanding experiences when traveling in our area. I will definitely share you praises with Sheila and the entire staff. We look forward to exceeding your expectations on your future visits.

Most Sincerely,