While the facilities are very nice & the breakfast bar good if you plan on using the pool facility with children DO NOT STAY HERE.
We had a family gathering and we all stayed here because there were 9 kids, 6 of them under the age of 5 and 14 Adults and we thought it would be nice for the kids to be able to swim in the evening. How wrong were we...Starting at 7 PM, the pool hours go to 10 PM for kids, we were repeatedly harrased by the front desk clerk & told to be quiet. We were not involved in any horse-play or screaming there were just about 30 people in the pool area. The pool area is basically a giant echo chamber so even if we alll wispered it would be loud with 30 people in the facility.
We were told by the front desk clerk that she had to use sensitive phones so we had to be quiet, we were also told that people in the lobby were having a hard time concentrating, but when we went into the lobby, multiple times, there was no one there and we could not hear anything but a slight mumble coming from the pool. We were also told that children could not use the hot tub, but when asked where those rules were posted they could not be produced because they did not exist. When pressed the front desk clerk told me that kids in the hot tub made her nervous. She came back about 1/2 an hour later to tell the pool area that we needed to be quiet again, even though we were all just talking in normal inside voices.
We also watched the front desk clerk harrass the group that had rented the party room which is adjacent to the pool area and tell them that they need to keep their crying 1 year old quite because he was annoying people in the lobby, people that did not exist.
Earlier in the evening one of the grandmas that was with our group was sitting in the lobby watching TV and she got up and turned the TV volume down, because it was extremely loud. As she was returning to the couch the front desk clerk came running around the counter and told her not to touch the TV and that she had to turn the volume down with the remote, which she then did to an inaudible level.
When we communicated the events that occured the night of October 20, 2007 to the General Manager Alan Duessler he suggested that we stay at the Super 8 Motel just down the road the next time we visit Door County! I'm not sure where Mr. Duessler learned about customer service, but I suggest that if you are traveling with childer DO NOT STAY at the AmericInn in Sturgeon Bay only because of the management of this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AmericInn Sturgeon Bay welcomes you to Door County. We are conveniently located at the first intersection in Sturgeon Bay, Door County. Enjoy our free Hot, Enhanced Perk Breakfast Buffet every morning. Enjoy new 32" HD LCD televisions while relaxing in your quiet guest rooms or take a dip in our warm pool & spa. We are now partners with Anytime Fitness to meet the increased demand of our active guests. We look forward to welcoming you to the end of your day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americinn Lodge And Suites Sturgeon Bay
- Americinn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay Hotel Sturgeon Bay
- Americinn Hotel Sturgeon Bay
- Americinn Sturgeon Bay
- AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay WI - Door County