“Fun and busy”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We love Irish pubs and this was fun. We went early - 5:45 pm and it was packed - inside and outside. Great Guinness and we had the owner as our waiter!! Food was fast and good.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was visiting friends in the area and said I wanted a fish fry. Kitty's was recommended so that's where we went. Walked in and was immediately greeted with a hello and a smile. Sat at the bar a moment and ordered a drink. We were told the back patio was open and there would be music. Went back there and ordered the fish fry. Music started and band was excellent. The fish fry started with a very scrumptious clam chowder served with some nice bread and a beer and cheese dip. Great beginning. When they brought the breaded perch (other fish were available as well) I was pleasantly surprised at the heaping dish brimming with perch, fries and a side of slaw. It was outstanding! As I was eating and listening to the great music the owner came by to make sure everything was ok. She sat down and chatted with us for awhile as did her husband. Charming people and a charming place. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were with our camping group, coming from the Maritime Museum and found Kitty O'Reilly's was right around the corner. We were in-between lunch and dinner and had the place pretty much to ourselves. Food was good, our waitress was helpful when we had a question. Prices were reasonable. Upon leaving we wished we had sat outside as the flowers were gorgeous. I'm sure at night it must be spectacular to be outside around their fire pit table enjoying a drink. The Patio area is covered and we saw the heaters and they can pull white drapes around to make it even more wet weather useable. Glad we stopped, although no one in our group tried their famous "Bloody Mary".

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I suggested to several friends we go to Kitty's, last couple times I had been there it was great! This time I was so disappointed in the service that I couldn't even enjoy myself. My friends joked, who's great Idea was it to come here. Our waitress seemed very inexperienced, we ordered drinks and four separate hors d'oeuvre,. We were never given plates,napkins, or silverware. we asked for plates then we realized that we needed spoons to put them on the plates, and napkins because it was messy. The waitress wasn't around for a very long time so I got up and asked the other waiter if we could have some silverware, she was wonderful and apologized. Our waitress really lacked costumer service. The bartender I think had plenty of experience but a drink was made wrong and instead of giving a new one he basically said that ME the costumer was wrong. (It was made right)

1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have eaten at Kitty O'Reillys several times in the past two years, and generally it is a nice place eat, drink and socialize. The last two times I have been to Kittys the experience has been lacking professionalism and good service. The bartender, although friendly, sweats like he has been running laps around the block in between serving drinks. It is not very appropriate, appealing or appetizing to have sweat dripping off your brow onto the bar as you serve a drink. Go in the back and whip off if you are dripping onto the tables and the bar!

Tonight we had to wave down our waitress every time we needed anything. Once we would finally get her to our table she would take drink orders for half of the table but ignored the other half of the table. There were only seven tables occupied with two waitresses working. So our lack of attentive service was not because she was over extended.

One person at our table ordered a mixed drink with diet 7UP. When the drink finally came, it tasted like regular 7UP, not diet. Several of us at the table tasted the drink and we all came to the same conclusion that it was not diet soda. We brought the drink back to the bar (because the waitress was no where to be found, again). The bartender (sweaty guy) could have resolved this issue with an easy fix of making a new drink with the appropriate diet soda. Instead, he tracked down the waitress, asked her if she made the drink and if so what did she use. Then after carrying the drink around the restaurant for 10 minutes he returned to our table with the original drink and said it was made with diet soda turned and walked away. The drink sat on the table untouched for the rest of the evening. The waitress never asked anything about our drink problem resolution or anything else for that matter.

Generally Kittys is a fun place with good food. This summer the some of the wait staff (Carley) and the bartender need to be replaced or at least given some lessons in customer service.