“Don't be fooled by the linen table cloths”

Stone Harbor Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 87 Restaurants in Sturgeon Bay
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The view is fantastic. The place looks great. Don't be fooled. Our starter salad was obviously from a bag and they did not even bother to rinse it to freshen it up before serving. Buy a bag-o-salad at Walmart and you will see what we were served. My wife ordered 'baby red' potatoes as a side. What she got was large boiled red potatoes. I ordered baked potato and that's what I got... but I'm sure it was baked much earlier that day if not the day before. I'm guessing my deep fried shrimp also came in a bag of frozen breaded shrimp from Sam's Club. Service was OK but nothing special. Bottom line... my money would have been better spent at a fast-food joint.

There are newer reviews for Stone Harbor Restaurant

Reviewed July 24, 2013

...It was greeaatte! For under $30 inc tip for the two of us we exited quite contented after consuming a large chef's salad, large cheeseburger with sweet potato fries, a coke and a glass of wine.

We had asked for an outside table and were accommodated immediately by the very pleasant young ladies at the front desk and seating hostess. Then we got a very diligent and competent waitress (I regret not noting her name for recognition here).

As we walked through the dining room we noted the white table linens and the cleanliness of the area even though it was shortly after the midday lunch hour.

The outside table was clean and everything needed for the meal is provided in a carry tray on each table. The tables surround the outside bar, which was doing steady business on a Sunday afternoon as a local band was setting up for a 2PM performance waterside. The view is nice since you are looking at the resort's marina and just beyond it are the boats traversing the river as the drawbridge periodically is raised and lowered.

It's nice to go to a tourist spot and not feel ripped off plus get good food and service.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a 3 1/2 star review that I rounded up to 4. First the good: our entrees were outstanding. I got the pork loin. It was tender, juicy, and perfectly seasoned. The cherry compote it came with was a tasty complement. My wife's haddock was flaky and moist. It was also a very generous portion. She's a light eater, but she ate the whole thing. On the downside, the side dishes were disappointing. My salad looked like it had been sitting in the bag for too long. The steamed vegetables were under-seasoned. The tomato, mushroom, artichoke soup was mostly potatoes. And who puts bell peppers in clam chowder? The most disappointing thing was, as other reviewers have mentioned, the noise. The restaurant is next to the pub, and adjacent to a patio where a band was playing and drunk people were being loud. It made it hard to have a nice conversation. In fact, reflecting on the meal, I am thinking I should round this review down to a 3.

1  Thank Tony T
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were surprised to be seated right away for dinner. Prime Rib and Seafood plate were very good, they ran out of rice and didn't ask us for an alternative option until the food was served, this might have been handled differently, but otherwise everything was good.

1  Thank Mary S
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The hotel is very nice, a great waitress, but the food was so-so. Not as good as years before. Bacon-wrapped scallops were great as an entrée, but my husband's seafood platter was fair. The crab cakes were cold and the calamari was fair also. For the price, not a good value ($24 and $25 entrees). The salads appeared to have been sitting out and were dry, and iceberg was the lettuce, versus something more green and varied. Just pretty much a disappointment for a Door County restaurant.