“Not Bad, Not Great”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a 3 1/2 star review that I rounded up to 4. First the good: our entrees were outstanding. I got the pork loin. It was tender, juicy, and perfectly seasoned. The cherry compote it came with was a tasty complement. My wife's haddock was flaky and moist. It was also a very generous portion. She's a light eater, but she ate the whole thing. On the downside, the side dishes were disappointing. My salad looked like it had been sitting in the bag for too long. The steamed vegetables were under-seasoned. The tomato, mushroom, artichoke soup was mostly potatoes. And who puts bell peppers in clam chowder? The most disappointing thing was, as other reviewers have mentioned, the noise. The restaurant is next to the pub, and adjacent to a patio where a band was playing and drunk people were being loud. It made it hard to have a nice conversation. In fact, reflecting on the meal, I am thinking I should round this review down to a 3.

1  Thank Tony T

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were surprised to be seated right away for dinner. Prime Rib and Seafood plate were very good, they ran out of rice and didn't ask us for an alternative option until the food was served, this might have been handled differently, but otherwise everything was good.

1  Thank Mary S
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The hotel is very nice, a great waitress, but the food was so-so. Not as good as years before. Bacon-wrapped scallops were great as an entrée, but my husband's seafood platter was fair. The crab cakes were cold and the calamari was fair also. For the price, not a good value ($24 and $25 entrees). The salads appeared to have been sitting out and were dry, and iceberg was the lettuce, versus something more green and varied. Just pretty much a disappointment for a Door County restaurant.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The best deal is the lunch soup and salad at the Stone Harbor. We had this every day on our most recent trip. Each day there is a different soup. We enjoyed each one.

1  Thank ML1702
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wonderful patio, the food was awesome, staff was very attentive, I would recommend this for lunch dinner or dessert