“Relaxing and Enjoyable”

Harbor Lady Yacht Cruises
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We went on the Italian buffet dinner cruise and had a wonderful time. The kids were both free, which is always nice. The views were incredible, and the food was wonderful. For dessert was a really nice cheesecake.

The capitan was very nice, funny, and enjoyable the entire trip. The bartender kept everyone happy, and even made a Shirley Temple for my daughter.

For the person who complained about the boat not waiting for extra passengers, it does say to arrive 20-30 minutes in advance. I think if it is suggested, and the guests were late still, it cannot be held against the captain he has to follow his sailing plan and schedule. As for returning 10 minutes early, can you blame him if he had a boat full of unhappy people who would not stop complaining? I saw none of this from the captain while on board the boat, but we were loaded and ready to go early, no one was running late. He treated the children wonderfully allowing one of the young girls on board to blow the horn to signal the ship was sailing. My daughter went to see him during the cruise and he had nothing but smiles for her.

1  Thank Jessica R

Reviewed July 26, 2012

The yacht is parked right in front of Stone Harbor Resort which was perfect considering that's where we were staying. The boyfriend and I opted for the sunset sighting cruise + dinner, which was reasonably priced!
Dinner was pork w/cinnamon apples, delicious mashed potatoes, veggies, rolls, and salad. Much more than expected and so very tasty! The dinner does change each night, though.
The drinks were reasonably priced as well, and nicely made.
The most memorable part of this cruise was viewing the scenery and watching the sunset while you're out on the water. Absolutely beautiful, and by far the best part of our trip!

2  Thank AlexaRE
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We took the sunset dinner cruise and it was wonderful. The sunset on the bay was beautiful and relaxing. The captain and bartender were very friendly, helpful and informative. The dinner is set up as a buffet and we had the Italian buffet with cheesecake for dessert which was very good, especially the cheesecake. I could have easily taken this cruise every night of our stay as it was so relaxing.

1  Thank Grover28
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My parents reserved 50 seats on the Harbor Lady the day after my sister's Door County destination wedding for friends and family to enjoy a last outing together. When we arrived at the boat, my father, the host of this event, noticed that some of his guests were still parking their cars. While still in plain sight of the boat and its captain, he walked down the dock to help shepherd his late guests to the right place.

Without a warning horn or "All Aboard!", the Harbor Lady pulled away from the dock, leaving my dad and a handful of guests on shore. A few family members alerted the crew and then went upstairs to let the captain know he had left the man who was paying for 99% of his passengers back on shore.

The captain defensively refused to go back, claiming that rules were rules and that his boat always left on time. He compared his departure to that of an airplane, with strict regulations – which it is nothing like. He owns the boat and can leave when he pleases. Furthermore, he did not leave on time – he left at 12:07 rather than 12:00. One warning horn could have allowed the extra passengers the minute they needed to board.

Obviously our guests were very upset, and several came up to the captain’s room to reason with him. At this point, in response, he got on the loud speaker and told the entire boat that if people are late, they don’t get to board. His lecture went on for several minutes.

Several of our guests were quite disturbed with his comments, and asked to be returned to shore to join their host. At this point, the captain again got on his loudspeaker and told the entire boat, “If you don’t stop asking me to turn the boat around, I will have each one of you aboard arrested by the coast guard.” There were a number of children on board as well as a pregnant woman. It was threatening and unprofessional, but the guests at this point realized we were stuck for the duration of the cruise.

To add insult to injury, the captain returned the boat to dock 10 minutes early. Those minutes could have been used to wait for the host and guests who had driven all the way from Egg Harbor to Sturgeon Bay with the promise of a lovely afternoon on the water.

14  Thank Tara R
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We went on the Friday evening Harbor Lady Sunset Cruise in late-June and really enjoyed it. This simple, yet elegant, cruise is perfect for couples, families with children, or visiting friends & relatives. If I could give 4.5 our of 5 stars for this review, I would.

The ship is beautiful, safe & smooth, luxurious (plenty of nice chairs/tables indoors & outdoors, a cash bar, bathrooms, etc.), yet simple - easy to move between the upper & lower deck as well as front to back to see the various scenery & sunset. The ship is obviously designed for sight-seeing out nearly every angle with windows, etc. Perfect for pictures as the sun sets. The captain was kind, amiable, and knowledgeable about the bay. The crew were all courteous and professional.

While the sunset & scenery are beautiful on their own, we recommend paying extra for the meal; ours was absolutely delicious. The fish in particular was deliciously seasoned & perfectly cooked (and I am rather picky about fish), and the pasta + sauce, salad, and cheesecake were all very tasty. Though technically a 'seafood buffet', the meal on this ship was honestly better-prepared/tasting than what I've eaten in many mid-to-upper-level sit-down restaurants.

We highly recommend this if you're in the Sturgeon Bay area and have about 2 hours to fill.