“30+ years of greatness” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Robertson's Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Robertson's Cottages
You added Robertson's Cottages to your Saves list
Frederick, Maryland
“30+ years of greatness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

For over 30 years, my family has been staying at Robertson's during the summer and the fall. Owners are like family. Cottages are throw-backs to simpler times which is part of the charm. Location is great for those that like peace and quiet. Great place for creating cherished family memories because you can get back to the basics.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Crestwood, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

The people that run and own this magical place called Robertson's Cottages are the biggest reason why I call it my home away from home. It is nestled at the end of a road on a lake with a big dock and natural beauty right outside my door. The kindness, friendliness, and thoughtfulness of the owners and the families that stay here makes me feel like I am in Mayberry. It is truly a place to go to relax and enjoy your family and friends.
Many of our families best memories have been at Robertson's Cottages. Three generations of our family can't get enough of this special place and the people who are there with us. I've traveled all over the world but nothing can hold a candle to Robertson's Cottages~The best little secret in Door County!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank e_boersma
Montgomery, IL,USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

I have been going to Robertson's Cottages with my brother and sister-in-law and their friends for about 5 years now. They have been going for at least 8 years. We always go up to Sturgeon Bay and stay at the Robertson's Cottages for the long Columbus Day weekend. The cottage is so charming, John and Beth have added so many decorative touches, and have made improvements every year. We all look forward to see what has been added since our last visit! A couple of years ago, they added a screened-in porch to the cottage we stay in. We have so enjoyed sitting out there relaxing. I especially like sitting out there first thing in the morning enjoying the view of the bay with my first cup of coffee. Now, that's what I'm tallking about! It doesn't get much more relaxing than that. This year, they put all new queen size box springs and mattresses in the cottages. Sooooo comfy! Over the years, new carpeting has been added, new appliances, new furnace, new tile floors. There have been so many additions, I am probably forgetting many of them. The cottages are always neat and clean. Our particular cottage has 3 bedrooms, living room, kitchen and 1 bathroom. There is a fireplace (which we use every year) to enjoy cozy fires in the evening. Robertson's cottages is the best place to stay to enjoy all of what Door County, Wisconsin has to offer, whether it be sightseeing the colorful foliage, antiqueing, shopping, or just taking a drive. We so look forward to going there every October - it is the highlight of our Autumn experiences.
Mary Krozel
Montgomery, IL 60538-2011

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

I'm originally from Tinley Park, IL, now from Phoenix, AZ, I have been enjoying the beauty of Robertson's Cottages at Idlewild since 1978. I have no desire to go elsewhere in this world for my vacations. My trips are planned (with my dog(s)) every May and September, always a season in advance. Rustic, quiet, peaceful...the cottages and surrounding woods help renew my soul. There are hundreds of guests/families from many years back who have made lasting friendships with other "guest" families. The "friends" all return year after year because of Beth and John Yount, their children, grandchildren & great-grandchildren, and Beth's mother, Joyce Robertson, before them...

I've stayed in just about every cottage over the years and I've found the accommodations to be very enjoyable, sometimes even amusing (the Last Resort, no longer exists, Sugar Shack, too) and very comfortable. There are those guests who have come to the cottages and never returned simply because the "Robertson's way" wasn't "their way". Their loss...by this I mean, family is important...you bring your children and pets, there is no "host caretaker" to babysit your kids, pets are leashed, there is no "entertainment director" to make sure you have a good time, and no daily maid service that leaves mints on your pillows, that's entirely up to you. The rest is simple...kick back and enjoy yourself! A housekeeping cottage means clean as you go during your stay. The cottages are thoroughly cleaned between "new arrival" guests.

I love the cottages. I love the Yount family. I love the area known as Idlewild. For me, there is no greater place or peace on this earth. Anyone who doesn't feel the same about this resort is seriously impaired! (and you know who you are...)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank Dawgma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

I stayed in the sunrise cabin, and it was great! They had a huge living room with a fireplace. Lots of space for games and people! I had to sleep on the couch because the two bedrooms were full, but I was still comfortable! I had a great time as I always do when I come to the Robertsons. They are always great hosts and don't think I can complain about anything. Not to mention the sunrise is on an island! Your own private island. It was an awesome trip, I'll definitely be back next year!

• Stayed September 2010
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I have been staying at the Robertson’s island for over 15 years. I started coming with a few friends and later with my family. I still do both trips every year and it is one of the highlights of my summer, I would be sorely disappointed if I missed either one of them. Beth, John, and their whole family have always been accommodating, reliable, and friendly. I count myself lucky each year to be able to have the time there to spend with family and friends. Beth and John have never let me down and not once, not even one single time, have I ever been anything but happy about every minute I’ve spent there. The only thing that stinks about the island is having to leave it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Sevastopol, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

If you can remember the quiet slow paced life of a vacation in the 50's or 60's, this is a spot reminiscent of those days gone by. This is a return visit to Sunrise Cottage on Robertson's Idyll Wood Island for us. The last visit was over 12 years ago. Our stay was as wonderful as we remembered. Before that we had spent one or two weeks for about 5 years in a row. Each visit was the relaxation that we needed. Pet friendly is the reason we first selected Robertson's. Sunrise Cottage on Idyll Wood Island, the second reason. Sunrise cottage and Idyll Wood Island transport visitors back in time. If you're looking for urban conveniences or 21st century architecture, look to a major city. But if you're looking for hosts that will do their best to make your stay pleasant and a site that will offer you the opportunity to relax and recharge - make your reservation, you may have to be on a waiting list. Sunrise Cottage is a most special place.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Holiday Music Motel
Holiday Music Motel
#1 of 17 in Sturgeon Bay
4.5 of 5 stars 373 reviews

Been to Robertson's Cottages? Share your experiences!