“Good food - so so service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Inn at Cedar Crossing
Ranked #7 of 85 Restaurants in Sturgeon Bay
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We serve a variety of classic and contemporary menu items of American, Italian and Mexican style. Our dining room is casual and we do take reservations for all meal services. Our bar offers beer, wine and cocktails with any emphasis on many craft breweries from within Wisconsin, as well as local wines.
Wisconsin
“Good food - so so service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2009

We had lunch here today ( four of us) and had a few bumps in the event. We arrived on time for our reservation and were promptly seated. The server asked if we would like drinks and we ordered glasses of wine and asked for water also. The wine arrived and the order was incorrect and no water. I asked again for water and had to ask a third time before water was brought in glasses; no carafe ever arrived for the four of us. We ordered our lunch. The black bean chili was excellent and all the sandwiches choices were very good. The water was still an issue as I had to catch the servers attention with a request for refills. Also as the meal was served my wife asked for a carryout box as she knew she would be taking part of her sandwich home - that too necessitated a second request. The server never asked about how we found our food - not in the regular 3 to 5 min. - not ever - bad form.
After lunch I asked for coffee and the desert tray. The server just assumed we wanted regular coffee no selection request was offered. The coffee was poor - you know too long on the warmer and tasting burnt. Sadly I did not mention it to the server but by this time too much had occurred. We ordered desert to share and got two forks but no second plate so we really had to share. Bad form again.
The bill comes with suggested 15%,18% and 20% tips printed on the bottom - we did leave the 15% suggested tip but with reluctance. I did mention my concerns to the hostess but all she could say was "Did you mention your poor coffee to the server?" My immediate thought was - wrong response!
This is the second time we have been to the Inn in the last four months and if I return a third time that will certainly make my decision about this establishment.

1 Thank theDeej

Wisconsin
“If Cracker Barrel were a Pub...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

Having just one day to stay and play in Door County, we didn't plan too far in advance as to where to go to dinner. We stopped by the Nautical Inn (on Kentucky Ave in downtown Sturgeon Bay) because they had all you can eat crab legs on Monday nights- but it was a 45 minute wait. We wandered into the trattoria on 3rd but didn't feel like we were dressed appropriately and it was super cold inside (though they have been given awesome reviews and we wanted to try it out). We saw the Inn across the street and the advertisement of it as an Inn a Pub a Bakery and Restaurant sounded good to us. They weren't as busy as every where else and were just a few dollars cheaper so we chose to eat there.

There were two dining rooms to this place- the main, and the one by the bar. We asked to sit by the bar where there was only one other couple and had to wait only a few minutes. We ordered the Gorgonzola artichoke dip for an appetizer and that was pretty good- though I thought overpowered by a rosemary flavor in the bread. I had the chicken risotto which was satisfying but not exciting. I could have easily made it at home. My boyfriend had the sausage penne and felt exactly the same way. We didn't regret our choice to eat there but didn't think much of it either. I wouldn't recommend the restaurant but I also won't give it a bad review. The only thing that seemed really off that we didn't like was that none of the staff talked to each other- or us, really. They seemed to not like the manager and definitely were not having fun.

1 Thank traveljones25
Michigan
“A bit expensive but sorta worth it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2009

I've only been disappointed by this restaurant one time...in 6 years of enjoyment.
That's when they refused to do a carryout 15 minutes before closing...just a apple spinach bleu salad...but nope..they put away the salad stuff. 800 mile round trip drive wasted. (good thing the goats were on the roof up in sister bay).

Anyway...I mostly carry out..although I've sat down for breakfast a few times.. Service has always been top notch.. sometimes they forget the salad dressing so watch for that.

Food...breakfast is a bit eclectic...and pricey for what you get... Order their non flavored coffee. Their Apple spinach bleu salad is a wonderful tasty explosion of cold and warm sour and sweet along with some walnuts too... (I'd order a small and hope you get a decent amount of Bleu cheeze..(they seem to be skimping a bit).

Their dinner menu changes often enough to keep things interesting when you return for another visit...and it's generally worth exploring their dessert area for a sweet morsel. Overall worth finding the place...even with the current construction.

WIsconsin
“Consistently Good Over Time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2009

My husband and I have eaten here many times, and from hearty breakfast to filling lunch to late-afternoon muffin and coffee, we are never disappointed. We've been eating here since 1990, usually on our way up or down the peninsula. I once had a huge portion of bread pudding for breakfast, and I believe it was made with Swedish limpa bread as well as wheat and white bread. Once we had these fabulous red onion rings with burgers. Another time it was wraps. My favorite visit was on a brisk spring afternoon when we had pumpkins muffins loaded with walnuts and watched the world go by from a table by the window. Sturgeon Bay is a small town with an almost urban feel, and the Inn at Cedar Crossing's restaurant reflects that.