“Ok”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed at Comfort Inn while visiting Door County. We stayed for one night. I was not impressed with the customer service from the gentleman checking us in. He took my credit card, handed me my room keys, and answered the phone. He then said your all set to me, while on the telephone. He didn't bother to point me in the direction of my room or say "enjoy your stay." The room was an average hotel room. The beds were comfortable and the bedding was nice. The shower floor kept creaking while standing in the shower. I see other reviews also mention this as a problem. It became rather annoying while trying to shower. They offered a continental breakfast in the morning which was good.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The room I checked into was nice with a few issues.
1) Found hair on the wall of the shower and every time you moved in the shower it squeaked really bad. (Feel sorry for anyone below me)
2) Had breakfast before I left which was okay except when I took a bite into my sausage I found this big long dark hair and almost brought everything else back up. When I checked out and mentioned this to the clerk, she said " I hope that wasn't mine" But guess what, she was the one that made the breakfast and had long dark hair. I will sleep in my car before I ever stay here again.
3) Tore the whole bed apart when I arrived and checked for bed bugs, because it was in the reviews which I didn't check, this one time, and fortunately I found none, but still had a hard time sleeping due to the fact that I was wondering about this all night.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Tim U
Reviewed March 21, 2014

My daughter works as a front desk rep at a Comfort Inn SE WI, so I know exactly how things work in this business. My husband and I stayed one night here, checked in late, left very early. We left my Bose soundlink mini in the room due to the rush of checking out. After tearing our car apart, and triple checking our bags we know we left it in our room. A day later we drove back there to pick it up. The guy at front desk was very disconcerning, and told us that housekeeping didn't have it. The speaker went only to the car to my room. I'm not only disgusted but hurt by the way the front desk rep handled this. Obviously when you work at a hotel items left behind are freebys. Good score, Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Dana D
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were coming to Door County for a New Year's eve wedding and have stayed at Comfort Inns in the past and have not had a problem until this one. We arrived on new years eve and it was very cold and hoped to get ready for the wedding. Unfortunately our room had no heat and the adjoining room we reserved also have no heat. When we went to the desk all we got was an excuse that the cleaning ladies turn it off. It was very cold getting ready. When we returned to our room after the wedding it had warmed up but the bathroom floors were still ice cold. We also could not use the pool as it was out of order and we never did see a continental breakfast. Never once did the front desk offer us a different room and when I tried to contact the manager he would not return my calls. So very disappointed with this place. Never would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jill C
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The hotel is slightly tucked back from the main highway, but there is signage on the road which is fairly clear. The room was clean and looked to be recently updated. The hotel was quiet, bed was comfy, breakfast on the better side of average. I will not hesitate to stay here again in the future.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank zengecko
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on 10/26 on 2nd floor. Picked this hotel because Comfort Inn usually has very nice rooms/hotels. This hotel & room was quite dated, but it was clean and quiet & the front desk people were very nice. Perfect if you're looking for a quiet place to sleep at a reasonable price for one night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jodi G
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband an I stayed at the comfort Inn in Sturgeon Bay on Oct 18th room #115. There was only one room left because of the busy time. It was suppose to be the best room in the hotel. But if this was the best I feel sorry for the rest of the guests. The room was very dirty. The water barely drained out of the sink. And to top it off I woke up at around 3:00 with bugs crawling on me. When I called the front desk she said that she thought they had gotten rid of them. We got out of there as soon as possible. But we had to drive over 120 miles back home to clean all our clothes and loggage so we didn't take the bugs to the next hotel. We don't get to take many vacations so when they ruined it this way it really sucks. If they are going to charge such a large a mount for the best room I would think it should be the best. I would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple