“Cleanly updated”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The hotel is slightly tucked back from the main highway, but there is signage on the road which is fairly clear. The room was clean and looked to be recently updated. The hotel was quiet, bed was comfy, breakfast on the better side of average. I will not hesitate to stay here again in the future.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank zengecko

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on 10/26 on 2nd floor. Picked this hotel because Comfort Inn usually has very nice rooms/hotels. This hotel & room was quite dated, but it was clean and quiet & the front desk people were very nice. Perfect if you're looking for a quiet place to sleep at a reasonable price for one night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jodi G
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband an I stayed at the comfort Inn in Sturgeon Bay on Oct 18th room #115. There was only one room left because of the busy time. It was suppose to be the best room in the hotel. But if this was the best I feel sorry for the rest of the guests. The room was very dirty. The water barely drained out of the sink. And to top it off I woke up at around 3:00 with bugs crawling on me. When I called the front desk she said that she thought they had gotten rid of them. We got out of there as soon as possible. But we had to drive over 120 miles back home to clean all our clothes and loggage so we didn't take the bugs to the next hotel. We don't get to take many vacations so when they ruined it this way it really sucks. If they are going to charge such a large a mount for the best room I would think it should be the best. I would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Lois P
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed 1 night here while visiting Door County. The room was clean and quiet even though we were facing the street. The room was up to date, and we didn't see any wallpaper peeling. Everything in the room worked (fridge, shower, microwave, hair dryer). The carpet in the hallway looked dated, but I think they are going for the "retro" look. It was clean. We stayed on the 2nd floor. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JenniferK549
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Room was very clean. Clerk was very helpful. Great area off the highway.

It would be nice to have an elevator even though it is only 2 floors.

However, the pool had bugs floating around.

Allows pets.

Gives travel agent rates. Good rate for room.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotel is very ordinary. The room was very plain and not thoroughly clean. Bath dirty, wall paper peeling of and bathroon cabinet broken. The washing machine were out of order and when I asked if there was any coffee in the "24 hour" coffee facility I was told "Don't know" as staff was too interested in the NFL on TV.

Room Tip: If yuo want a good room go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MalDann
Reviewed August 15, 2013

A friend and I decided to have our annual girl's weekend in Door County. We searched for a room and found most of the hotels in Sturgeon Bay were booked. We ended up calling Comfort Inn. It seemed expensive at $150+ for a room, but it was because the only room left was one with a Jacuzzi; we booked it.

I took the day off and arrived at the hotel first. My friend would arrive later in the evening after she finished work. The bathroom was filthy. They were going to switch us to another room, the but smell in that room was overpowering. I said it would be fine to stay in the room if they cleaned the bathroom.

I soaked in the Jacuzzi while watching television. There were filmy bubbles floating around. Strange, I didn't use any bubble bath. I didn't really think anything of it. I was sure they cleaned the entire room when someone checked out.

My friend used the Jacuzzi the next night while we relaxed after a day of hiking and biking on Washington Island and Cave Point Park.

Over the next few days I developed a vicious looking rash and it spread! I had to see my doctor to be put on a regimen for Shingles because they didn't know what I had. They took scraping and a punch-biopsy (for which I had to have stitches).There were pustules over my entire body; even on my scalp! My eye was entirely swollen shut. After a week of apprehensive waiting and a trip to the ER I found out that I had a severe allergic reaction and the pustules were hives. They're still healing almost two weeks later and my arms, especially, are a mass of them. I'm hoping they don't scar. My friend also had the same symptoms, but not as severe.

Also, the room had evidence of bed bugs: little spots on the sheets (like someone had taken a felt tip marker and touched it to various parts of the sheet); not to mention the bug shell I found on the bed. I did find three reports of bed bugs concerning this facility online when I did research after returning home. I had no idea what bed bugs look like. I do now. I called to speak to the manager and was told he was not on site. I left a message for him to contact me, but have heard nothing. I am hoping none of the bed bugs came home with me.

I received an e-mail from Comfort Inn asking me to fill out a survey, which I did. I have not heard anything back.

I would not suggest staying at this Comfort Inn facility for a trip to Door County.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends