“Our First Visit!”

Ranked #33 of 87 Restaurants in Sturgeon Bay
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casual dining, relaxed homestyle atmosphere. We are a supper club.
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife & I loved it here at this old supper club. We had the family style chicken "feast" for 12 bucks---just as good as Thanksgiving dinner! Hot crusty rolls with plenty of butter to start out with. I had a most delicious martini to accompany my meal. The cole slaw was home made & delicious. Then, we were served some of the best "melt in your mouth", finger-lickin' good chicken ever, along with a bowl of delicious Wisconsin cranberries, real mashed potatoes, excellent dressing and a pitcher of gravy.

Everything is "all you can eat", so we had seconds on the chicken & the dressing. We were stuffed afterwards. One of the best meal deals in all of Door County. Server Amy (a Sister Bay native) was a delight to be with. Ambience was plain but pleasant. Great location north of Sturgeon Bay, at the intersection of the two major DC highways. The owner/bartender was extremely friendly, and there is plenty of free parking in their lot. We shall return!! Recommended to us by Sturgeon Bay locals.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

A lot of food for a GREAT price. Beautiful lettuce salad to begin with as well as bread with plenty of butter available. The baked potato was cooked to perfection and I could only eat two of the four pieces of fried chicken - I was that full! It was a wonderful meal.

1  Thank JLK2012
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We dined here on a Wednesday night, late December. We sat in the bar area for football. They offer a nice assortment of draft beer. We were given dinner menus. Ask for a bar menu if you do not see anything on the dinner menu. The prime rib sandwich was exactly like I remembered. Perfectly roasted with a nice crisp grilled bun. My partner tried the special, baked chicken. He enjoyed it. We will return.

1  Thank travelsavage51
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Dark and Dingy... not that, that is a bad thing... I ordered one of their pasta dishes. Spinach and Artichoke creamy sauce over pasta with grilled chicken. Came with Salad... My salad had HAIR! Not my hair but someone else's hair. I am thinking may be waitress? She had long hair and was not in a pony tail.. since when can you not have your hair tied up? I didn't make a scene.. I called the waitress and told her that there was a hair in my salad, she said, "oh, sorry, I will bring you a new salad." Naturally I said NO thanks... the dinner arrived, I was not very hungry... rather grossed out from the hair ordeal... I ate very little... it wasn't that great.. looked more like alfredo sauce with green stuff in it.. no taste of artichoke nor spinach... I didn't see any artichoke either..

The bill came.. she charged full price for my meal! the only "sorry" i heard was when I returned the salad... Not that I was looking for free meal.. but she could, at least threw in drink for free.. I only had one glass of wine.

I will NEVER go back to this restaurant again!

1  Thank Bear N
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I probably don't need to do another one of these. That was our choice when visiting The Mill, but we had to try it once. I think that what we saw other people eating looked and smelled wonderful. That's what I would recommend.