“Second Time Was A Charm”

The Mill Food & Spirits
Ranked #37 of 85 Restaurants in Sturgeon Bay
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casual dining, relaxed homestyle atmosphere. We are a supper club.
Michigan
“Second Time Was A Charm”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We dined here on a Wednesday night, late December. We sat in the bar area for football. They offer a nice assortment of draft beer. We were given dinner menus. Ask for a bar menu if you do not see anything on the dinner menu. The prime rib sandwich was exactly like I remembered. Perfectly roasted with a nice crisp grilled bun. My partner tried the special, baked chicken. He enjoyed it. We will return.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank travelsavage51

Rhinelander, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“NEVER AGAIN!”
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Dark and Dingy... not that, that is a bad thing... I ordered one of their pasta dishes. Spinach and Artichoke creamy sauce over pasta with grilled chicken. Came with Salad... My salad had HAIR! Not my hair but someone else's hair. I am thinking may be waitress? She had long hair and was not in a pony tail.. since when can you not have your hair tied up? I didn't make a scene.. I called the waitress and told her that there was a hair in my salad, she said, "oh, sorry, I will bring you a new salad." Naturally I said NO thanks... the dinner arrived, I was not very hungry... rather grossed out from the hair ordeal... I ate very little... it wasn't that great.. looked more like alfredo sauce with green stuff in it.. no taste of artichoke nor spinach... I didn't see any artichoke either..

The bill came.. she charged full price for my meal! the only "sorry" i heard was when I returned the salad... Not that I was looking for free meal.. but she could, at least threw in drink for free.. I only had one glass of wine.

I will NEVER go back to this restaurant again!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Bear N
Des Moines, Iowa
“Fish boils”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I probably don't need to do another one of these. That was our choice when visiting The Mill, but we had to try it once. I think that what we saw other people eating looked and smelled wonderful. That's what I would recommend.

• Visited September 2011
Surf City, North Carolina
“Excellent food! Great service!”
Reviewed June 2, 2011

My partner and I were spending our last night in Sturgeon Bay and were looking for a local restaurant. We saw an ad for The Mill in one of the local travel guides and decided to give it a shot. We were pleasantly surprised and had a wonderful meal with great service. I had fried perch which were lightly breaded and amazingly fresh. My partner had a ribeye that was out of this world! Several people there took advantage of the Wednesday night baked chicken special. It looked and smelled delicious.
Would definitely recommend!

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank RNTerri
Michigan
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed January 7, 2011

We have visited this area many times. This was our first visit to The Mill. We sat in the bar area and received good service. I don't know if you can order from the bar menu in the dining room but you can order from the dinner menu in the bar. My partner had pan fried walleye, $17, and I had the prime rib sandwich, $9. Both were great. It was not busy when we were there, a Wednesday night. We will return on our next visit.

Visited December 2010