Oct 2011: We decided to finally go to Door County and ended up here based upon price. We had to pay in full prior to seeing our room. The room was small and outdated. It looked as someone's grandma decorated it ten years ago. Tube TV and moldy tiling in shower. Outside of the hotel looks new, but that is about all. The breakfast that is included allows you to go thru the line once... be prepared to wait about 30 min. Beds were very firm and sheets were scratchy. We did not eat dinner there as it was expensive and the staff at check-in were not very friendly. Despite how young we look, we're 26 and we're treated like we didn't belong. Probably won't go back to DC because that was the general vibe of everywhere minus (Casey's Smokehouse, great food). So much for our romantic weekend... wouldn't recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leathem Smith Lodge went out of business in 2007 and was recently purchased and reopened as The Lodge at Leathem Smith in 2011. The Lodge is the place in Door County for upscale guest rooms, impeccable Suites, fine casual dining, meetings, wedding receptions, banquets and recreational facilities tendered to their guests with great pride and attention-to-detail professionalism - all part of your ideal stay in Door County at Leathem Smith Lodge. ACCOMMODATIONS: Our many guests have found the guest rooms live up to our standard of Casual elegance at Door County's historic Lodge Resort, all at affordable rates. The Lodge guest rooms include 16 Suites... 475 Sq. Ft. Commodore (2) and First Mate (2) junior suites, 650 sq. Ft. Two-room Captain's Suites (10) and 740 sq. Ft. Two-room Admiral's Suites (2)... Are decorated with 14 different styles of Thomasville furniture and our 32 deluxe hotel rooms are furnished in Broyhill, Thomasville and American of Martinsville. Our Harborside is a one-story building which is approximately 50 yards from the main Lodge. All 15 guest rooms are accessed from interior lobbies and corridor. Each guest room has a patio to relax...'Across-the-street' view to the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Lodge at Leathem Smith reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Leathem Smith Hotel Sturgeon Bay
- Leathem Smith Lodge
- Leathem Smith Hotel
- The Lodge At Leathem Smith Sturgeon Bay, WI - Door County