“Lakeside Patio and Music”
Review of Springers

Springers
Ranked #10 of 45 Restaurants in Stoughton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family friendly, full service bar and supper club. Fantastic Fish fry on Weds and Fri nites. Mexican Specials on Thurs. Prime Rib specials on Sat nite. Bar area opens Weds thru Sun at 11am for lunch. Waterfront outdoor seating. Live entertainment weekends from Memorial Day thru Labor Day. Awesome sunset views. Accessible by car, bike, boat or snowmobile.
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Visited for the first time on a Friday night and sat on the grass patio area by the lake. Acoustic guitar soloist that night was excellent. Fried dill pickle chips were crispy and not greasy, beer was cold, service was attentive. Enjoyed it.

Laura R, Owner at Springers, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed your visit- makes our jobs more worthwhile! hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 9, 2014

I ate at Springers last night. Their feature item was a $21.000 stuffed shrimp. I was amazed to find out it was frozen heavily breaded stuffed shrimp that they buy in huge frozen bags and throw into the deep fryer. When I talked to the Owner Steve, he was a jerk about it. I live in Stoughton and would never recommend this place to any. Way to many better options (Green Latern, Maple Tree, Deaks, BBG's) Stay as far away from this place as you can.

2  Thank Jeff O
Laura R, Owner at Springers, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

I am sorry that Jeff O was so disappointed in his meal that he ate the entire thing and then complained.
I did not speak to him directly( i was busy in the kitchen at the time) but the server did ask me what she should do if a customer was not satisfied with his entree. I responded to ask if they would like something else and she said "no, he already ate it all." At that point, i asked her to have my husband speak with him- which he did. Jeff was very aggitated and would not even give Steve a chance to discuss it- so Steve left the table, knowing that there was nothing he could do to correct the situation. Jeff even proceeded to get into an argument with a neighboring table about his behavior toward the server and to Steve - which they reported to me.
I feel that Jeff wanted a free meal and nothing less- he did not tell the server his displeasure at the beginning or at anytime throughout his dining so we could offer a substitute or a discount - he ate the entire meal, and then complained, in an unapproachable manner.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised at the clean, lakeside atmosphere, tasty food and good service at our first visit in decades to this Lake Kegonsa restaurant. I am guessing new ownership perhaps? We will be back soon to try something else on a warm summer day, especially if we can sit outside.

1  Thank susan a
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have lived on Lake Kegonsa since 1976 so have seen the changes in our neighborhood restaurant/bar. This is a place where many people meet their neighbors and their friends from Stoughton and McFarland. Friday night has been our night out for fish for many years and we continue to say that they have the best tasting fish in the area. Good friends, good view and good fish.

1  Thank JALO_WI_USA
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Have a great seafood dinner while watching the activities on the lake and watching the sun set! Or, choose to sit out on the deck and relax with friends or family and drinks. This restaurant can be boated up to if you want a bite while out on the lake.