“Nicely done”

Ranked #14 of 45 Restaurants in Stoughton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Like another reviewer, we had to sit at the bar because every table was reserved before a concert at the opera house. The food was very good with friendly service. The bar was comfortable. It was enjoyable.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Great food, decent prices and a friendly environment. The chairs aren't so comfortable, but they are trying to fit quite a few in a smallish place. Try the smoked pork!

Reviewed March 12, 2012

We were in town for show at Opera House, on next block from bistro. This is a small town, with limited dining options after dark. This place, "The Laz", looks and feels like a throw back from the 70s-80s, so nothing fancy here. However, the food was v. good, as was the service. We asked if there was a specialty of the house, and waitress said yes- - they smoke their own BQ ribs and she recommended them. We we each had a half rack, served with onion rings, rosemary potatoes and grilled asparagus- - all very tasty, ribs were well above average in taste, flavor, tenderness; asparagus was tasty, cooked til crisp and perfect, on the grill and not merely steamed- no complaints on food quality, whatsoever! And, our waitress was very kind and attentive, service was v. good! Overall, we would recommend this, next time you are in this sleepy little town and want dinner before the show. We'd go back, and would likely order the ribs again! Reservations recommended, esp. if there's a show playing at Opera House, as the place was full at dinner hour.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

We went to Stoughton to attend a concert at the Opera House on Nov. 18, 2011. We saw Laz Bistro and decided to take a chance. We were not dissapointed. We arrived at around 5:30 ( the concert was at 7:30) and the only spot to eat was at the bar. The night of a concert we were told is really busy and all the tables were reserved. My wife ordered the specialty of the house the " Kansas City Style Ribs" she thought they were great. They were a dry rub rib style with wet barbecue sauce on the side. She thought the only way they could have been better was if the wet sauce would have been warm. They came with what they called Calabrese potatoes. Yukon Gold potatoes cubed and baked (?) with olive oil and spice. They were exceptional. I ordered the Ribeye. It was coffee coated and served with Gorgonzola cheese on top. I asked for medium rare and it came out perfect. My first bite made me think that cheese was going to be to strong but I found out that the more I ate it the better it was. I also asked for the Calabrese potatoes in place of the Sweet potato fries. My potatoes were also great. The entire price for two drinks and two entrees was $60 without tip. The meal was a perfect start to the evening. Overall the atmosphere was cozy and friendly. The bartender was the father of the owner and chef and he chatted with us and made us feel right at home. I highly recommend the LAZ Bistro if you get to Stoughton. You won't be dissapointed.

Reviewed June 18, 2010

This is a good restaurant and the selections are eclectic and varied.

We found the food selection to be excellent and the preparation nicely done. This is a real find when you are traveling and looking for a good place to relax and have a good meal.