“You Need To Try Al's-Terrific!”
Review of Al's Diner - CLOSED

Al's Diner
Cuisines: American
Woodbury, Minnesota
“You Need To Try Al's-Terrific!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

If you are looking for some trendy restaurant where they try to slap a fancy name on a dish that tries to be hip, this is not your place. However, if you are looking for a charming, old time diner that has memorabilia on the walls of a bygone era, and excellent food, stop at Al's. From the minute you walk in you are greeted with a friendly smile. It has quite the breakfast menu, and the lunch menu has something for everyone. There were four people in my party, and we all ordered different items. Everything was delicious! You can't beat the prices either. It is right in the middle of a neighborhood.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank gbpackerfan62

Eau Claire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful diner, tucked away from traffic”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

My wife and I had been meaning to stop here for over a year and finally decided to walk over as it is only a short walk from our house. Walked in and seated ourselves, most of the tables were full, but there isn't that many to start with, maybe only 30-40 seats in the whole restaurant. As we walked in we were acknowledged by the cook in the kitchen (also the owner) and the waitress. We were asked if we wanted coffee before we were even seated. Service was very attentive, but never overbearing. I ordered the biscuits and gravy on the owners recommendation and it was very good, homemade gravy and flaky biscuits. My wife had an omelet and was very pleased. Both meals were quite large, I don't think anyone leaves there hungry as we saw some other plates come out and it was the same thing. One person ordered a pancake and I am pretty sure it was 12" in diameter.

My wife always says that I am hard to please and too picky about restaurants, but I will definitely be back here. It was very friendly and inviting with good food. The waitress definitely knew the regulars (and it seemed like there were a lot of them) as she would bring over drinks to them as they walked through the door and found their normal seat.

My only disappointment is that we didn't find this place sooner. Also be aware that they are only open M-F until 3, Saturday until 12:30 and closed Sunday.

• Visited March 2014