“The Best Holiday Inn I have ever been visited!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Stevens Point-Wisconsin Rapids
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Stevens Point
West Allis, Wisconsin
“The Best Holiday Inn I have ever been visited!”
Reviewed November 21, 2010

Once I walked through the main doors into the main lobby I was surprised by how beautiful this place was. The decor was inspiring and very modern with a bit of retro chic! The staff was very friendly and made sure I was going to have a great stay. Once I made it to my room, I couldn't believe how relaxing the room felt. The bathroom was large and the shower was so nice. The pillows were an added bonus! I can't say enough good about how this hotel was. Please visit!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank purple_cowbell
Cara M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Stevens Point-Wisconsin Rapids, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank You for staying with us. We hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Jackson, Michigan
Reviewed October 18, 2010

This hotel is awesome. They went out of their way to make us feel welcomed and we made some great new friends. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a clean, friendly and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank SheriFamily
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 5, 2010

I travelled to Stevens Point for business and booked a King room at this hotel. When I arrived, I actually tried to check in at the Holiday Inn, which is located behind the Holiday Inn Express. So as embarrassing as that was, the staff at both locations were extremely pleasant! After being directed to the correct hotel, the young lady checking me in was very efficient and pleasant. Had a room on the second floor - if I stayed here again I would request a room on the third floor because I could hear every footstep in the room above me. The room itself was spacious and very clean. Had a small fridge and microwave. The bed was super comfortable! Also there was two pillows labelled firm and soft, which I thought was really nice of them to offer two kinds of pillows. The shower head was up high enough that I didn't have to stoop under it (my pet peeve in hotels!) and had different water settings. I quickly checked the breakfast in the morning on my way out - it looked like there were a lot of selections like omlets, bacon, biscuits, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, fruit, etc. I grabbed a bagel which unfortunately tasted like it had been frozen and it was really dry. There are quite a few fast food restaurants right in that area like Fazolis, Arbys, etc., and there was a Mexican restaurant about a block over. All in all, I would definitely stay here again - just request a room on the third floor to avoid the overhead noise.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank mitcham
West Bend, WI
Reviewed March 7, 2010

Stayed with 2 teenagers while skiing in Wausau. Hotel room was clean and beds were comfortable. Nice size room for 2 beds. Extremely limited breakfast. Very much Express in every sense. Swimming was just okay. Smaller pool and hottub was not very hot. Thought the price was a bit high for the value. Front desk service was OK.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Dale1008
right here
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Room was clean and comfortable. Pool was a little cold...probably need to turn it up a degree or two...hot tub was nice...continental breakfast was okay, missed not having waffles, but overall was good. Will stay again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank lilme02
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 23, 2009

A follow up from my stay in 2007:
After I notified Holiday Inn Corporate of Stevens Point's septic smell issue and requested it be resolved, so that no one else would have to go through the same experience, I received an unwelcomed voicemail from a staffer, who identified themselves as the manager. The message was left in a nasty tone and the "manager" yelled at me for notifying corporate and demanded that I call her back with an answer. Also, I received a message via Trip Advisor from "the manager" (it is unknown if it is the same person who left the voicemail message). The manager's Trip Advisor message was toned down and apologized for the smell because they had issues with a drain in the meeting room, and notified me that the issue had since been resolved.

All in all, I appreciate the follow up via Trip Advisor; however, the mean and demanding voicemail left a strong enough statement for me to not recommend this accomodations to any friends or family.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank Brunswick1977
Fairfield, IA
Reviewed November 18, 2008

I can not say enough good things about this hotel. I have taken many workshops at the Midwest Renewable Energy Association and this is the closest hotel to that location; just about a 5 min drive. I have stayed here probably a total of 30 days this summer and plan on doing the same, if not more, next summer. But as for the hotel... Greatly exceeded my expectations the first time I stayed here. My very first night I stayed here I got a king suite (the only rooms with a fridge and microwave). It had absolutely the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in to be honest. its a lot more comfortable then the bed I have at home actually. (I believe it has the feather bed layer under the sheets). The rooms are extremely clean which is mainly what I look for when I get a hotel. I have also stayed in a room with 2 queens and a standard king room. The king room is very spacious and has a desk with an easy chair. They also upgraded their TV's (and they needed it) to 36'' flat screens which are really nice. The food at breakfast is very good (you have to have a roll) and they even have real orange juice! It has a pool but I have never gotten in but it looks nice from what I have seen. It also has a pretty decent rec room. But if you are looking for a very clean, decently priced hotel, stay at this hotel or the regular Holiday Inn next door (Under the same management so I'm sure its the same quality). Another word of advice, dont stay at the Ramada up the road. It looks nice on the outside but the inside is old and kind of dirty. If you have any doubts staying here, feel free to contact me and I will clear up any problems that you think you would have. Tyler P.S. They have exremely fast wireless internet.

• Liked — The cleanliness and the beds are to die for
  • Disliked — Nothing really except I tried to print something in their business center and the computer was pretty slow (Real big deal let me tell ya)
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank tda2007