“Fantastic!”

Dining options: Reservations
Central Wisconsin
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed January 1, 2010

We celebrated our 10th anniversary New Year's Eve at Silvercoach and had an excellent experience. The drinks were great, the food made to perfection and the service was spot on. They are not afraid of spice which so many central Wisconsin eateries are, so be prepared to have your taste buds awakened. We would highly recommend this establishment as we had one of the best meals of ours lives here.

Great job, Silvercoach!

1 Thank love2eat77

dent2003
“Overhyped”
Reviewed December 6, 2008

I had a lot of locals tell me they love this place. I've been there on 3 separate occasions, and don't plan to be back. The first experience wasn't bad, but it's been down hill from there. If you want better food at this price point, @1800 or Christian's Bistro are far better in quality of the food and service. I really don't get the excitement about this place. I like spicy food, but if it's so spicy you can't taste any other flavors, what's the point? If you decide to go, definitely avoid the jambalaya. It's the worst I've ever had. Steaks or ribs are probably your best bet.

1 Thank dent2003
Stevens Point, WI
“Hope you like spice”
Reviewed November 7, 2008

This is, without a doubt, the best restaurant I've been to during my 11 years in Wisconsin. I have been in the restaurant business as a cook for several years, and this is the only place I've left without thinking "I could have made that better." The food is excellent. It's all made in-house. Everything is perfectly seasoned and wonderfully spicey, right down to the spice rub on the baked potatoes. The appetizers and entrees set your tongue on fire (in a VERY good way), and the homemade desserts make you melt. Probably the friendliest, most helpful, most knowledgeable service I've had in years. If you like bold flavors and a good dose of heat, this is the place for you. The only downside is the price, but you don't get this kind of food on an Applebee's budget. It is still cheaper than most gourmet restaurants I've been to, and far better.

1 Thank Sous-doChef
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Really good food and outstanding service, and at a reasonable price. For special occasions, reserve the...”
Reviewed April 18, 2008

Really good food and outstanding service, and at a reasonable price. For special occasions, reserve the "booth".

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best in Stevens Point”
Reviewed April 13, 2005

If you want something out of the ordinary Silvercoach is the place to go. It is not the same boring menu that all the chain restaurants have. Variety is nice in these days of sit-down fast food restaurants, which is just what Applebee's is. The pere pere dishes are by far the best items they have as long as you love spicy. The jalepeno craw fish balls are to die for. And I don't think you will find a better bloody mary anywhere in the state of Wisconsin. Try it, you will love it.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member