“Good Home-cooking type food”

South Point Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 108 Restaurants in Stevens Point
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Cash Only, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Soutpoint Restaurant has been a restaurant in Stevens Point since the 70's. We feature old fashioned recipes and freshly made food. We love bacon and serve up more of it than anyone else in the County. If you are looking for some quality food, prepared fresh and tasty, get the point- Southpoint.
Plover, Wisconsin
“Good Home-cooking type food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here many times and have always found whatever I ordered to be good, served hot, generously portioned, and very reasonable. You can get a *full* dinner here for about the same price as a Arby roast beef fries and soda combo next door. Fancy? Nope. Good and a good deal? You bet.

Visited October 2013

Greenfield, Wisconsin
“Typical dumpy diner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My mom loves coming here for the Hawaiian pancake. It's a fluffy pancake with chunks of pineapple and ham and it was pretty good. My dad and husband had eggs/hashbrowns/toast/steak typical greasy diner food. I had a BLT (I'm not big on breakfast) and it was pretty lousy. Squished bread, iceberg lettuce, weird tasting mayo.

• Visited July 2013
Stevens Point
“Greasy food, and bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had a burger and fries we came on a recommendation of a friend. The burger was undercooked, and fries were dripping in grease. I told the server about it and she said well that is how we make our food here. I said I just can't eat it, and she said well you are still getting charged that is our policy. With food like that and attitudes from the waitstaff, they are doomed. I am telling you do not go there if you want good food and service, it just isn't there.

Visited May 2013
Texas
“Excellant Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have eaten here may times, food is always hot! lots on the plate no matter what is ordered. Cheap but very good food. Place has been there awhile, service is good. I will continue going there. Deserts are great especially the Homemade Pies. The Chicken Dumpling Soup is Amazing! Very Friendly Staff with endless coffee. It is Old School Restaurant, the parking lot is always full which says it all about the food there. They even have a Facebook Page! It is open 24 hours a day.

• Visited June 2013