“Not my favorite”

Cuisines: Mexican
Description: ranchito.stevenspoint@gmail.com
Description: ranchito.stevenspoint@gmail.com
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I've eaten here twice. Once for dinner and once for breakfast. If by 'authentic' Mexican food - you mean spicy, this is true. The food was much too spicy for my taste, for the others in my group, and for the table next to us. Be careful of the salsa and chips they give you when you are first seated. The little girl at the table next to us was actually crying because it burned her mouth. Then, I went here for breakfast with a friend. I was surprised that a mexican restaurant offered breakfast. The food was general breakfast fare, and was of average quality for breakfast, but, the atmosphere just didn't seem right for a breakfast meal to me. The booths are uncomfortable, and the booths and tables quite tightly fit together. The service was good and the server was very attentive. The restaurant is quite clean and bright, and looks very authentic mexican, however, I doubt that I will go back to this restaurant, as the quality of the food is not to my taste, and the atmosphere while clean is very confined and uncomfortable. It was winter when we went here, so did not consider outside dining, but, I doubt we would have considered it even in the summer. It is a partitioned off area of the parking lot, and nothing attractive surrounds the area.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

My wife and I go here at least once every three weeks and have never been disappointed. If you really know Mexican food (not Taco Bell), you will love the food here. This is a family-owned restaurant and it shows in the quality of their food and service. Ranchito offers a wide variety of food choices (fish, chicken, beef, pork, vegetation, etc.) and beverages (we love their 2 for 1 Margaritas) and every choice is delicious. I wanted to keep this place a secret - but it's so great I want others to experience it too.!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Really good authentic Mexican food and it is always hot and delivered with friendly service. A little pricy but worth the additional cost over some of the other Mexican places in town except one.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We decided to try Ranchito for lunch...its full name is Ranchito Perez, named after the owner. This is a family operated place, and the owner if very nice. The decor is pretty good.....tables and booths in the front, more booths and a small bar area towards the back, and a patio. Since it was 95 outside, we went inside. The chips were thin, crisp, warm and just a little salty, and the salsa was smooth, almost orange, and quite spicy. I liked it. Both of us had tacos.....I had steak tacos with flour tortillas, my wife had tacos pastor (marinated pork) with corn tortillas. The offer "classico" tacos, which are the Americanized version with lettuce, cheese, tomato and sour cream, but also offer "real" tacos as served in Mexico with onion, cilanto and wedges of lime. For me, that is the measure of whether a Mexican restaurant is authentic or not. There were 3 tacos. The tortillas were fried "soft", warm, slightly crispy, but still pliable and chewy.....wonderful. The fillings were good, the cilantro fresh.......outstanding tacos. They came with rice and beans....the beans were totally homemade. I like El Mescal quite a lot, but I thought the food here was better.