“Michele's needs updating”

Michele's Restaurant and Catering
Ranked #7 of 108 Restaurants in Stevens Point
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Micheles' offers a very diverse menu, from international to native cuisine. All the dishes are prepared from fresh ingredients which arrive in the kitchen on a daily basis.. Our menu changes according to the day and offers breakfast, lunch, and a more elaborate dinner, based on the concept of dishes of various sizes.
Naperville
“Michele's needs updating”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

A group of five of us visited Michele's for dinner in late September, 2013. The restaurant reminded me of a Wisconsin supper club without the salad bar. We found the food and service to be good, but all of us thought the decor really needed a major update. The decor is dark and the bar area needs some attention, too.

Steaks were good and I think I had a baked potato here, too. This was my week for steak and baked potato, I guess. It was cooked correctly and the baked potato was loaded. I have no complaints about the food.

• Visited September 2013

Stevens point, WI
“Food Ok, service less stellar”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

When my husband and I come to town we usually eat at Silver Coach however we decided to change things up and visit Michele's. While the food is standard supper club the service literally left my husband wet. We were half way through dinner when a full glass of water was dumped down the nape of my husbands neck. The water pooled on his plate and left him sitting in wet pants. We understand accidents happen and expected a manager of some kind to visit our table. Minutes passed and no one but the waitress came to apologize. When we pressed the issue we were told the owner/manager was not there however he was called. He wanted us to know that he would not comp any of our dinner but if something my husband was wearing was ruined we could send him a bill to review. Maybe the waitress failed to tell him some of the water landed in my husbands dinner. Nevertheless I made it clear to the waitress that statement was less than professional and smug to say the least. Several minutes later a gentleman pulled a chair up to our table and introduced himself as the owner and pretty much made it about him and how long he's been in business. Again, how smug and arrogant for such a small town. We explained again that we understand accidents happen however my husband has to parade through the restaurant "wet" and we had another engagement that evening. The owner told us there was a dryer in the rest room or he could bring us a hair dryer to the table but how silly that would be. We agreed on a $25 gift certificate that we will not be using and in fact will be giving away. Lesson learned, when you know there is a higher class restaurant in the area don't settle for third or fourth best unless you haven't bathed.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Mag G
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
“Ate at Michele's bit off more than I could chew”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Ate at Michele's a few days ago. Had their Saturday night special - Prime Rib the Queens cut at 16 ounces. Large enough for me. One of our friends also had the same. Knowing Prime Rib could be tender or a bit chewy, depending on the cut, we chanced it. Both of our steaks were tough and contained alot of gristle. To the point where our friend left over half of the prime rib on the plate. This would have been a perfect time for the waitress to ask how the steak was prepared and if it was tender. (You could see from the plate all the gristle.) Well, the waitress didn't ask and seemed to be in a hurry to check on other tables. Our wives had fish and were delighted with their meals. All in all, I have to rate Michele's an average. Average food and average service. I belive in lesson's learned - so if someone from Michele's reads these reviews, my suggestion is if a customer leaves over half of their food on the plate and it is clear that the food is tough - ask (more than a perfunctory how was your food) for an honest assessment. Just knowing the staff cared may have changed our opinion and desire to return.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Barrysue
Madison, Wisconsin
“Very good service during a snow storm.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Ate there while in the city during a snow storm. Good basic food at a good price. The restaurant has a "supper club" feel to it: both the food and the atmosphere harks back to the 50's type of supper club.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank fancherfetch
Lafayette
“One of the best steaks I've had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I had high expectations going in to this restaurant based on the reviews I read and was NOT disappointed! I had one of the specials that was a cajun steak with jumbo shrimp and it was delicious. The portions are huge and ended up having half of the meal for lunch the next day and was just as good reheated. The staff were all very friendly and made some great suggestions from a local brewery and I even ended up going to the liquor store across the street to take some home. Prices are in line with any normal fine dining that you would expect. I thought about an appetizer but glad I didn't, the bread with spicy oil was really good and something I've never seen before.
I highly recommend this to anyone in the Plover Stevens Point area.