and 1 more site!
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Stevens Point
Wisconsin
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed here for two nights during family weekend for UW-Stevens Point. The hotel was very convenient to my daughter's campus dorm. The room was clean, well supplied and the bed was super comfortable! I usually don't sleep well in hotels but had no issues here with the blackout drapes and premium bedding (comforter with duvet and a great supply of fluffy pillows). The staff was over-the-top accommodating and friendly. I was traveling alone this trip and a housekeeper offered to help me with my things. I also experienced car trouble and the front desk was great in helping me find a service garage. The property adjoins Schmeeckle reserve and I enjoyed watching deer in the parking lot as I loaded and unloaded my vehicle. The hotel offers a nice selection of hot and cold breakfast items. I didn't use the pool/whirlpool area but it looked very nice. I will definitely stay here again! Travel tip: There is a Perkins Restaurant almost next door and if you show your room key, they'll give you a 10% discount!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
blovetravels, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Stevens Point, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you for the positive review. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. On behalf of all the staff, it is our pleasure to do whatever we can to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you for choosing our hotel - we'll see you next time you come visit your daughter at UWSP.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I generally stay at Carlson hotels and some have the "wow factor" and others are just fine. This hotel was fine. The staff was nice, room was fairly clean (hairs on the floor in the bathroom), wifi was okay but not super strong, breakfast was fine. I would stay here again because of the location and it really wasn't bad at all. I did sleep very well and the bed was very comfortable (I had a king).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
blovetravels, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Stevens Point, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. "Good" is fine but we strive to be much more than fine - our goal is to give you the "wow factor" as you stated. We hope to see you again soon so we can show you that we CAN exceed your expectations.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stay in a lot of this chain's hotels and this is one of the lesser efforts (not to mention that I think my credit card info might have been stolen here -- so watch out). Large rooms but kind of old fashioned and time-worn. Pool is not well ventilated and makes the lobby area smell of chlorine. Adequate breakfast area. Pet friendly. Reasonably priced. Despite its faults, I would still stay here again because I like what this chain offers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
blovetravels, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Stevens Point, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Here at Country Inn & Suites, Stevens Point, our guest's satisfaction is our top priority so I'm sorry that you feel our hotel is anything less than exceptional from our service to our amenities. Please know that we have never had an issue with identity theft here and have no reason to believe that is the case in this situation. I appreciate the fact that you will choose to stay with us again so we look forward to your next visit to Stevens Point.
Monroe, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have stayed at this motel for the past eleven years while attending a local event. Our room was large, comfy air and had a great flat screen TV. I t is very clean and up to date and the breakfast is great. Service was friendly and prompt. The pool and hot tub were crystal clear and the pool area was well maintained.This is probably our favorite Country Inn and Suites. We will definitely keep returning here for our Wisconsin trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
blovetravels, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Stevens Point, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. All of us here at Country Inn & Suites are committed to exceeding the expectations of our guests so we truly value the positive feedback. We look forward to your next stay with us here in Stevens Point.
Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Perhaps the best free breakfast we've ever had. Scrambled eggs, Hash Browns, Sausage, Hot Oatmeal and Waffles. All items hot and fresh - plus the usual selection of fruit, cereal, bagels, etc. A very efficient employee tended the buffet line constantly......aside from the quality of the food, the most intriguing part was china plates and cups and real silverware....no plastic. Our Room was outstanding and bathroom spotless (as we have come to expect from Country Inns). Triple A property in my humble opinion.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
blovetravels, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Stevens Point, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so happy that you enjoyed our breakfast offerings and appreciated the real dishes. This is one of the things that I feel sets Country Inn & Suites apart from the rest and gives our guests that extra touch of home. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

It's nothing fancy, but this inn is pleasantly comfortable with a friendly staff. Everything is clean and well-kept. Certain areas of the inn have a peaceful charm. We enjoyed our stay while attending a wedding in the area. It's a fine place!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have whirlpool tubs, which is very relaxing after a busy day.