“Not the Best of the Chain”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Stevens Point
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Stevens Point
Chicago, Illinois
“Not the Best of the Chain”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stay in a lot of this chain's hotels and this is one of the lesser efforts (not to mention that I think my credit card info might have been stolen here -- so watch out). Large rooms but kind of old fashioned and time-worn. Pool is not well ventilated and makes the lobby area smell of chlorine. Adequate breakfast area. Pet friendly. Reasonably priced. Despite its faults, I would still stay here again because I like what this chain offers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
blovetravels, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Stevens Point, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Here at Country Inn & Suites, Stevens Point, our guest's satisfaction is our top priority so I'm sorry that you feel our hotel is anything less than exceptional from our service to our amenities. Please know that we have never had an issue with identity theft here and have no reason to believe that is the case in this situation. I appreciate the fact that you will choose to stay with us again so we look forward to your next visit to Stevens Point.
Becky Love

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Monroe, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have stayed at this motel for the past eleven years while attending a local event. Our room was large, comfy air and had a great flat screen TV. I t is very clean and up to date and the breakfast is great. Service was friendly and prompt. The pool and hot tub were crystal clear and the pool area was well maintained.This is probably our favorite Country Inn and Suites. We will definitely keep returning here for our Wisconsin trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
blovetravels, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Stevens Point, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. All of us here at Country Inn & Suites are committed to exceeding the expectations of our guests so we truly value the positive feedback. We look forward to your next stay with us here in Stevens Point.
Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Perhaps the best free breakfast we've ever had. Scrambled eggs, Hash Browns, Sausage, Hot Oatmeal and Waffles. All items hot and fresh - plus the usual selection of fruit, cereal, bagels, etc. A very efficient employee tended the buffet line constantly......aside from the quality of the food, the most intriguing part was china plates and cups and real silverware....no plastic. Our Room was outstanding and bathroom spotless (as we have come to expect from Country Inns). Triple A property in my humble opinion.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
blovetravels, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Stevens Point, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so happy that you enjoyed our breakfast offerings and appreciated the real dishes. This is one of the things that I feel sets Country Inn & Suites apart from the rest and gives our guests that extra touch of home. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

It's nothing fancy, but this inn is pleasantly comfortable with a friendly staff. Everything is clean and well-kept. Certain areas of the inn have a peaceful charm. We enjoyed our stay while attending a wedding in the area. It's a fine place!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have whirlpool tubs, which is very relaxing after a busy day.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have stayed here several times and always find quiet and comfortable rooms, good breakfast, friendly staff. Very convenient to UWSP, highways and shopping. Good group rates and available meeting room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

My first review of the CIS in Stevens Point wasn't favorable. I stayed there this week and what a change in ALL aspects of this hotel.
It's newly remodeled with very comfortable beds and pillows. Very nicely decorated but what impressed me the most was the friendly people who checked me in (very nice young lady) and the gentleman who I met in the breakfast room and who checked me out. Both obviously college students working to pay their expenses.
Breakfast was what a hotel breakfast is,...okay, but what I was impressed with was they used real dishes and actual flatware, not some plastic throwaway landfill trash.
Very nicely done!
Value was excellent and I will stay there next time through.
I plan on sending the General Manager an email with my thoughts as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Waukegan, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in a first floor room, apparently the room above us was a whirlpool suite because the noise was terrible. When the whirlpool was running there was a loud roar in our room and we couldn't even hear the TV. When they drained the tub all you could hear was the water draining. The people next to us had dogs that whined for an extended period of time apparently because they were left in the room alone. Next time I will ask for a room on the top floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on top floor is you don't want the noise from rooms above you
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends