“This is my favorite local restaurant!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of El Mezcal

El Mezcal
Ranked #14 of 108 Restaurants in Stevens Point
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“This is my favorite local restaurant!!!”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We have been enjoying the food at El Mezcal since they opened. The menu has a great variety and I am always torn whether to order one of my 2 favorites: Burrito El Mezcal made with steak, or the Jimador made with steak - or whether to try a different meal just to experience it.

The service is quick and the employees are very friendly and helpful. The food is always served piping hot and the atmosphere is bright and cheerful.

They do get busy, so sometimes it is hard to eat a quick meal (over a lunch hour, for example) - but timing is everything. Or go when you can relax and enjoy. The chips and salsa are great, too.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jessica0823

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Best Mexican in central Wisconsin”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Stopped while passing through Stevens Point on the way back to Milwaukee. This was our second visit (the first being about 4 years ago). Well done every time! Tonight we had the especial fajitas for two. It was delightful! The chorizo added in the dish was just enough to add flavor without adding grease. The chips were outstanding, light and crispy without being oily. The salsa had a bit of heat with a ton of flavor. The service was terrific and the bathrooms were clean. The atmosphere was pleasant. We will definitely visit again when we are in town.

1 Thank Addie R
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“Most Authentic Mexican In Cent WI”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

This is not a Chain restaurant. This is a local small business. This is the most authentic Mexican food I have found in Central Wisconsin. Great lunch specials. Good prices and service. I see a few other reviewers complaining but I have never had a problem here in over 20 visits. I recommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Toddxox
South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Take a pass on this Mexican food”
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Prices are reasonable, food is ok and service was slow. We expected authentic Mexican food. We had long wait time for our entrees. We probably will not go back.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank t d
Des Moines, Iowa
“Food is Plentiful but bland”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We decided to try this after reading other reviews . I was surprised that you only get one free basket of chips, then have to pay for more. We ordered our drinks then dinner, which was fajitas and a side of jalapeno peppers, for which they charged extra for. During dinner the waiter asked if we wanted another drink and then mentioned it was 2 for one night on Margarita. If he would have told us that earlier, I would have ordered those. The food was without flavor as was the jalapenos. I would probably not venture into there again.

• Visited May 2014