“extrodinary food and ambiance”
Review of @1800 - CLOSED

@1800
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We eat at the 1800 3-4 times a year. We find the beauty and decor of the restaurant extraordinary, the service wonderful and the food exceptional. The biggest dilemma for me is what to have. the Jalapeno prawns appetizer are my husbands favorite. I usually order salmon, but there are always interesting daily and seasonal specials. I do not usually eat dessert, but always enjoy splitting one of their wonderful sorbets/ice creams.
It is refreshing to be able to go to a beautiful restaurant and have such exceptional food and service in central Wisconsin. The prices are a great value for the quality and ambiance. If you were to have an 1800 meal in Chicago the price would be double and the service might be less attentive. Stevens Point in fortunate to have such quality dining. We also enjoy spending time before or after dinner in the lovely cocktail lounge.
No, this isn't Applebees or Culvers. it is no place for kids. This is an evening event with elegant and measured service.

1  Thank 35islandgirl

Reviewed June 2, 2012

I have recommended @1800 to many people, and will continue to do so -cautiously - because the experience is great. The service is wonderful - HOWEVER - my husband took me there for dinner on Thursday night - Ellen and Julaene were great, always friendly and quick to respond. The drinks and wine great...the problem - we ordered a shrimp appetizer that was deep fried to dark brown - i made a comment to Ellen, but, she said it 'should still be good' - then I ordered the lamb rack with cheddar cheese couscous - do not order this dish on the menu - high priced, and it was burnt - not just a little - but, scraping the bottom of the pan burnt. I didn't say anything at the time, and should have - my fault - however, I question the expediting of food - it should have been caught in the kitchen.....the apple crepes were great for dessert and complimentary.....
Also - my husband's salmon was good - always his choice.....disappointing birthday for me!

1  Thank ChrisC253
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This place is catering to the high mucky mucks who basically work at Sentry Insurance.
First... it's awkward to find, then awkward to park and get into the restaurant itself.
The place is dim, dark and the black decor is supposed to make a person think of big city New York nightlife.
They push the booze because the food servings are tiny and pricey. The view is ok and the decor is semi attractive to a person who likes the dark dark black designs.
The bathrooms are big but dated.
Service wasn't the best but not the worst.
Limited hours make this a "I came and I saw, now let's go somewhere else" stop.
I have eaten here 3 times but only because someone else insisted.
This is NO place for kids.

3  Thank Max C
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The food is quite interesting and unique. The service was impeccable and the setting is beautiful. They boast quite a large wine cellar. We hadthe bison which was very good and the portion size was just right and a fish special. And try the cheesecake with chai -- wonderful.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

This restaurant makes you feel like you're dining in Chicago or New York City. The menu is unique & the setting is enchanting. During the summer there is the option of dining out on the patio. The view is wonderful, the food is great. Or, you can go & just have a few drinks & relax at the bar. They do have jazz bands that play occasionally. If you want to escape the every day "same old, same old", then you should check out this place.

1  Thank 2SlipperyEels