“Fresh and flavorful in an artful atmosphere”
Review of Cafe 27 - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cafe 27
Cuisines: American
Description: Name inspired by 27 hour trip to Paris. Amazingly creative American cuisine with many vegan/vegetarian choices. Grow their own vegatables and use food produced by local farmers. Desserts all homemade, best carrot cake ever! Trendy atmosphere and hip jazz bands on weekends. A gem in a small, midwest college town.
South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Fresh and flavorful in an artful atmosphere”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

The Vegan and Gluten Free options drew us to Cafe 27 for lunch one Saturday afternoon. The staff was friendly and helpful. They immediately pointed out which selections were gluten free. They also offer freshly made bakery, and croissants, too.

The menu changes daily, depending on what is in season. We ordered the mushroom/pesto veggie burger (came with sides of perfectly fried sweet potato chips, sesame indian rice, carrot cilantro and pickled beets), a cup of flavorful minestrone soup, my daughter ordered a large bowl of carrot curry soup plus beverages. The bill came to around $20.

Two thumbs up from us! We'll definitely be back to try more of their flavorful dishes.

They're only open Monday - Saturday for Breakfast and lunch. I wish they were open on Sundays so I could pop in when I drop my daughter at UWSP.

• Visited September 2011

“What a gem”
Reviewed June 18, 2011

My husband, daughter, and I had brunch here today. The food was outstanding. Huge portions. The blueberry lemon curd brioche was killer. Their breakfast sandwiches can easily be shared. Great outdoor patio with fresh herbs in their garden.

1 Thank Messmer68
Burnsville, Minnesota
“I want to live in Steven's Point so I can eat here all the time”
Reviewed February 16, 2011

I had the best meal in my life at this quaint artsy all natural restaurant. This was the second time I had the pleasure to eat here and will go back if I am ever in or near this area again. It was recommended by the UWSP Dance Department head and am I ever glad she said we should eat there! We took home valentine desserts and I wish I would have bought more! Perfect and not too sweet. I love the natural, fresh salads that you get with your meal and the choices made me drool with anticipation. I had the broccoli, goat cheese, mushroom quiche and it was out of this world. Hands down best I ever had!

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank MNmade15
lalaland
“real food”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I have only eaten at Cafe 27 once....everything appears to be home made and they use locally grown veggies etc.....their home made fries were amazing...their desserts were amazing too...a flourless chocolate cake was very good....they even had gluten free items!!!
I thought their dinner menu was small...looking forward to trying their lunch.

1 Thank stptgal1
Up North, WI
“Best carrot cake ever!”
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Tried Cafe 27 on the advice of an art gallery owner in Amherst, WI and was it ever good advice! The food is amazing, lots of interesting vegetarian choices, not just the usual "veggie pizza". The chef/ owners use locally grown foods and even have their own gardens surrounding the shaded patio out back. The name originates from a 27 hour inspiration trip to Paris. Desserts are all made on premise and the carrot cake was the best we've ever tasted.