“Totally Satisfided! Again and Again!”
Review of Amber Grill

Amber Grill
Ranked #13 of 117 Restaurants in Stevens Point
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: We are connected to the Stevens Point Holiday Inn and Convention Center. Amber Grill is an upscale casual restaurant with dark wood interior, leather seating, and unique lighting. We have four distinct areas. The dining room, with high backed booths, curtained corner seating for private dining, and a fireplace at the far end. The bar area, with high top seating and a full length wrap around bar. Our patio, complete with umbrellas, a fire pit, and an above heated bar. And finally our Point Brewery Room, a private dining room with available seating for up to 25. Call ahead for reservations.
Reviewed December 13, 2012

For those of you that are staying at the Stevens Point Holiday Inn or for those who are visiting the area and for the local people looking for a wonderful place to dine.

I have been staying at the Stevens Point Holiday Inn for 2-3 days a week for the past 8 weeks because of business.

It my sound odd, but I have (Not) gone anywhere else for dinner than the Amber Grill. So I think I can speak from a very good perspective regarding how nice and exceptionally good the Amber Grill is.

I have have almost everyting on there menu and I can honestly say not one selction was remotely bad. In fact it is the opposite. Everything I have had has been fresh and presented very well and tasted wonderful.

The Amber Grill has a fine selection on there menu, I'm sure anyone will find a selection they will be very pleased with.

Now for the service. I have had the pleasure to have gotten to know the Manager Jeff and several servers. Jeff is a man who truly loves what he does and cares deeply that everyone who dines at the Amber Grill walks out with an exceptional experiance. I was very impressed with Jeffs knwoledge of the restaurant business as well as having one of those personalities that you like the first time you meet him. He truly does an exceptional job!

The there is Graham, Miguel, Lindsey and Trevor who are behind the bar making sure your glass is always full! There service is second to none. They are very polite and engadging in the most friendly mannor. What a pleasure to experiance these people who work so hard to make you afternoon or evening a very pleasent experiance.

I can't forget to mention the rest of the servers and greeters, thought I may not know there names, I assure you tthey are a nice as everyone else and go out of there way to make sure your experiance is wonderful.

So please add the Amber Grill to you (bucket list) and know you will (Not) be disappointed in anyway.

Mark Carstensen

Cara M, Guest Relations Manager at Amber Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Mark-
Thank you for taking the time to compliment on the Amber Grill. I will pass along your compliments to the restaurant staff and manager. As you mentioned, your review is even more important to guests reading TripAdvisor. You have attested to the consistency of the food quality and customer service. We very much appreciate your business. I know I speak for everyone at the Amber Grill when I say that knowing a guest was completely and continually satisfied is what makes our job most rewarding. We will look forward to each and every time you stop in. See you then!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stop there on Fridays to have the fish. For $11 you get 2 kinds of tasty fish, green beans (delicious) and choice of potato....go with the potato pancakes. The real value is the kids pizza which I seriously doubt that an adult could entirely eat. It also comes with at side item (like fruit or the green beans) and a drink.

We end up sharing the pizza with our kids and taking home 1/2 the fish fry for lunch the next day. They also enjoy grabbing a basket of popcorn out of the bar prior to our food coming.

Very nice setting and food is always served hot and quickly. We used to be regulars at Michelles in town, but this is our new favorite!

1  Thank wiscDAD

Thank you for choosing the Amber Grill as your “new favorite” spot! It’s tough competition in Stevens Point for Friday night fish fry. We would like to believe we are in the top 3 and that’s a lot to say. Amber Grill really does have a variety of options for dining. From casual to formal, burger to steak, kid or adult; all will find something to enjoy. Plus you can enjoy private dining or the more social atmosphere of the bar area.
We look forward to welcoming you back each time you stop in!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Friendly service and good food. The french cook took the time to visit the guests and that is always a sign of carrying friendly service. Would highly recommend their Friday fish fry as on of the best in town. the beer is always cold and refreshing.

Cara M, Guest Relations Manager at Amber Grill, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for your compliments about the Amber Grill. We love to hear that guests appreciate the effort the Chef’s give to interact with the guests. We know we have stiff competition when it comes to Friday Fish Fry in Stevens Point. We like to think we are at least in the top 5 and that would be an honor to say. We hope you will stop in again!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Warm, inviting, and elegant dining room with a ambiance that compliments the high class menu. The chef catered to every request I had. (which were plentiful!) The bar area is large, with plenty of selection and truly casual for a relaxed feel. TV's were varied between several different sport and news events providing variety. Requested a specific event and it was on in a flash. Game day, happy hour specials are top notch.

Cara M, Guest Relations Manager at Amber Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for dining with us at the Amber Grill. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that you were pleased with the ambiance and service. Our chef’s are experienced and create the menu to provide a variety of choices from burgers to steak and beyond. Many people, like you, appreciate the large bar area and continue to join us to watch their favorite sporting events. We are proud of the design that allows for private dinning in one area and then offers dinning and bar in a separate area. We hope that you will become one of our local frequent guests. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

This restaurant is attached to the huge (for Stevens Point WI) Holiday Inn Convention Center, and there appears to be a regular disconnect between this place being a decent restaurant and bar on its own, or just an extension of the Rubber Chicken catering business that services the conventions and swap meets. Roll of the dice whether the server will notice you sat down, and whether the cook has been focused on the sauce, or just hitting the sauce.

Cara M, Guest Relations Manager at Amber Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the Amber Grill. It’s unfortunate that you did not enjoy your recent visit. We are grateful to have the restaurant supporting the hotel and convention center’s dining needs. Many guests have enjoyed their meals whether they are here for a meeting or just vacation. We strive to provide a quality dining experience for either occasion. Many local guests continue to join us for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We can only hope that you will visit us again and discover the enjoyable experience that other guests have had at the Amber Grill.