“Best Artichoke Dip EVER” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amber Grill

Amber Grill
Ranked #9 of 108 Restaurants in Stevens Point
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are connected to the Stevens Point Holiday Inn and Convention Center. Amber Grill is an upscale casual restaurant with dark wood interior, leather seating, and unique lighting. We have four distinct areas. The dining room, with high backed booths, curtained corner seating for private dining, and a fireplace at the far end. The bar area, with high top seating and a full length wrap around bar. Our patio, complete with umbrellas, a fire pit, and an above heated bar. And finally our Point Brewery Room, a private dining room with available seating for up to 25. Call ahead for reservations.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Artichoke Dip EVER”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Engaging bar staff, and like I said the appetizer was to die for. The drinks were a little weak, especially given their price.

Visited October 2012
Cara M, Guest Relations Manager at Amber Grill, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
I definitely agree with the statement “Best Artchoke Dip Ever.” I could be bias but it is incredible. There are many appetizers on the menu that it’s hard to pick a favorite. Whether you come for appetizer, dinner or drink, the menu is full of choices. The bar is a great place to watch the game, unwind from a long day, or just visit with the nicest staff in town. We hope you’ll come back and try another one of our other great appetizers.

Excelsior, Minnesota
“Is it me?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I've eaten there twice, giving it the benefit of the doubt. I've gotten the excuse of "yes, we know it's bad but we're a small town". For a hotel that charges hotel prices food quality should be a concern. My fish meal was over cooked, salad just lettuce and my teenager turned her nose up at the creme brulee.
I was actually served a mid level whiskey in a martini glass..which is like getting a soda in a coffee cup.

Visited September 2012
Cara M, Guest Relations Manager at Amber Grill, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Amber Grill on TripAdvisor. I have shared your concerns with our restaurant manager. We will take your comments into consideration in our continued efforts to improve the quality of our restaurant food and experience for future guests. These reviews are important to us because they provide us with guidance and learning necessary to maintain and improve our restaurant and hotel. The restaurant is not just for our hotel guests. Many local people have enjoyed Amber Grill’s wide variety of foods and drinks. We make no excuses but rather use all comments, good or not-so-good to help us move forward and succeed. Again, thank you for your time to share your experience and know we will do everything to address these concerns.
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

It's all good. The menu is great. The service is great. I recomend the Amber Grill to everyone. You will not be disapointed.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Mark C
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the time you take to share your experience to potential guests. We certainly have many guests visit the Amber Grill. Whether they are hotel or local guests, we love hearing comments. We listen to everyone and use them to grow. The restaurant has achieved many accomplishments since it opened in Jan 2011. We are proud of their continued efforts to excel. We look forward to your return.
Chicago, Illinois
“It's a fine choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

This place does its best to create a high-end feel. Large leather booths, chandeliers, soft lighting. But for all the effort they miss the mark with the lighting and the ceiling.

I had the meatloaf ... They have me 3 large pieces which I couldn't finish. The sauce was actually sweet and it detracted from the meatloaf... Which was very good. I also received asparagus that was very tasty and very well seasoned. If you're on the road this was a fine choice. I spent $ 15 including tip. I waned the meatloaf... Which tourned out to be an inexpensive entree.

1 Thank Jad16
Thank you for stopping at the Amber Grill. The atmosphere in the dining area was designed to provide warmth and elegance. Guests have enjoyed the comfortable mood it provides for their dining experience. Amber grill is divided between into the restaurant and the bar so that each guest can have an individual experience. The wide selection of items on the menu provide a variety of choices from burgers to steak. The menu offers a large range of price points for appetizers and entrees. We have served hotel guests, travelers, and many local patrons. We are glad you enjoyed your visit to Amber Grill and look forward to you trying something new the next time you visit.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch with my daughter....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I enjoyed the decor. Very low key and cozy. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Daughter liked the Strawberry and brie salad and she's not a real cheese nut. The burger was done to perfection and the veggies were NOT over-cooked. The shrimp was divine and not rubbery and chewy. There must have been some changes to menu...based on when I was there in the spring and there recently, the change was refreshing! Definitely will make a return visit sooner than last time!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Cara M, Guest Relations Manager at Amber Grill, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
We are honored that you chose the Amber Grill for lunch with your daughter. Thank you for the nice compliments on the service and food. We like that the restaurant can offer a variety of people a different experience all under the same roof. We are always updating and improving our menu. The chefs continually search for delicious and exciting new foods. We are glad you enjoyed your experience and look forward to your return.