“Outstanding Ancillary Services”

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Stevens Point
Wichita, Kansas
“Outstanding Ancillary Services”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

This review is not to rate the Comfort Suites but to address the other outstanding service in the surrounding community. In my recent travels across our country I had the opportunity to pass through Stevens Point, WI, my first visit to the state. The hotel was alright nothing really outstanding the night staff person a young lady--college student-- was very fiend and informative about the local area, great personality. The surrounding community service are truly great the attitude of the people was great and I would be totally remised if I didn't with the strongest recommendation I can make concerning the wonderful service and indeed the quality of the food at "AL's Diner" a local restaurant that has some of the best tasting food I've had in my travels and the portions were overwhelming, the owner "Gale " is the sweetest person and goes out of her way to ensure that all her patrons are satisfied, and believe me you will be when you leave her humble establishment, it's not flashy just functional. And if you have the need to rent a vehicle the staff at the local Enterprise Rental here is absolutely out of bounds with service and personality; Nicole Stern, Branch Manager—Tyson Laird, Management Trainee are the consummate professionals. As I initially stated the hotel is alright but the day staff could work on there customer service demeanor they tended in my opinion to be a little distant to their guest. But their again that's only my opinion.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Woodbury, Minnesota
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed here for two nights It is a typical Comfort Suites. It had a nice welcoming lobby and the front desk staff was very friendly. It had a decent pool and a whirlpool. It is nice that it is open until 11:00 PM for adults. The rooms were nice, My room had two queens beds and a sofa. The linens were clean, and the bed was super comfortable. The bed was better than some of the higher end hotels I have experienced. It had a pretty good breakfast buffet with several hot items. the breakfast person was friendly, attentive and he always asked if everything was okay. This will be my first choice next time I stay in Stevens Point.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The hotel staff was very accommodating to our baseball group. Great breakfast food, pool area and lobby were very nice! In room microwave and fridge were a big help. Had a great experience and would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I've always been quite satisfied with Comfort Suites. This one was very good, also. Nice sized, comfortable room, great bed, good breakfast. Easy access to campus and downtown. The room could use a bit of work, though. The walls and ceiling were cracked, chipped, and discolored in several places. A little paint would go a long way.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is a great place with clean rooms, nice linens, awesome staff and easy to get to. Everybody is nice and friendly, breakfast is great. I highly recommend them for a short or long stay. The pool was great, so was the whirlpool. Just a nice clean place and the rates are great too.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night to attend our daughter's summer camp music recital. The check in was very fast. The staff was very friendly. We had a king suite with pull out sofa bed. As soon as we walked in the room, we smelled smoke right away. We went back to front desk right away. They said there was remodeling worker in the room. The apologized and gave us a different room. My wife took a shower and noticed that the water did not go down. I called the front desk again. She told me to wait 10 minutes that water should go down. If it was still not going down, she would give us another room. We waited for a while and water still did not go down. I went to the front desk and she gave me another room. She apologized again that we had to change the room once again. We never experienced anything like this. Next day morning, we had breakfast in the hotel. Again, nothing very special but the lady who worked there did a very good job to bring more food out and cleaned the area. Overall, it is ok for a short one night stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed at this property 2 years ago and had decided this was a very nice place other than the really poor wireless service. Well, it looks like sometime in the last 2 years they have updated wireless Internet. There were 3 of us in 2 rooms this time and none of us had any problems at all.

The checkin staff was quite friendly and I was amazed at how fast the checkin process was. The room was clean and quiet. Breakfast was quite nice and quite varied.

Overall, you can't go wrong here!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple