Have been going to Stevens Point for a recreational event once a year for several years. I travel with a dog, so that's always a consideration. I decided to try the Comfort Suites this year. Overall, a positive experience. The staff in particular were very attentive and helpful. The breakfast was quite decent for a hotel in this class. The grounds to take the dog out on were sparse at best, but we knew that coming in.
The room was a 'suite' - the new definition being a larger hotel room with sitting area and foldout sofa. We were actually quite comfortable in the room and all appeared clean and in good working order - with one notable exception. While it appeared to be functioning ok, the A/C unit was woefully underpowered to keep this larger room comfortable. It was warm outside but not sweltering (low 80's, moderately humid). Keeping the AC cranked to the lowest setting didn't matter, we were still uncomfortably warm through the night. That really needs to be addressed and would be the only thing that would cause us to consider staying elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Comfort Suites, a Stevens Point hotel near the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point The Comfort Suites® hotel is located in the heart of Stevens Point, directly off Interstate 39 on Exit 161, within walking distance from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. This Stevens Point, WI hotel is close to area points of interest, including the annual Iola Old Car Show, Stevens Point Brewery, Rib Mountain State Park, Sentry Insurance, SentryWorld sports complex and Green Circle Trail, a 24-mile nature trail circling the entire Stevens Point area. The Central Wisconsin Airport is 20 miles and the Stevens Point Municipal Airport is only three miles from the hotel. A variety of popular restaurants are located nearby.Full-service accommodations include:Free deluxe continental breakfast featuring meat, eggs and more hot items Free local calls Indoor heated pool and hot tub Fitness center Banquet and meeting room This Stevens Point, WI hotel provides business travelers with conveniences like free high-speed Internet access, data port telephones and access to fax services. The hotel features master suites with large, two-person whirlpool bathtubs or four-person whirlpool bathtubs. All suites have refrigerators, microwaves, coffee makers, irons and ironing boards.Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the Comfort Suites hotel provides the luxurious accommodations and friendly service that every guest desires, at a reasonable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Comfort Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Stevens Point
- Comfort Suites Stevens Point
- Stevens Point Comfort Suites