“Ok”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Stevens Point
Mosinee, Wisconsin
“Ok”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Used points to book this room, but was a little disappointed. We got in the room and suspected the room had recently been flooded. There were still tools left in the room and it still smelled like wet carpet. There was also a lot of white dust left in the AC & Heat unit on the wall. Nice to have that blowing out into the room all night : /
The previous time I stayed here was for High School Prom, when it was the Comfort Inn. Not sure they deserve the name Suites just yet. Our "Suite" was alleged to have a 4 person hot tub. 2 comfortably fit...Maybe 4 kids.

Room Tip: Check out your room before leaving to go to dinner. You may need to swap...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank corrigan004
Comfort_SuitesSP, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
First and foremost I would like to apologize for the experiences of your stay, as they are not the experiences we want our guests to have. We take all of our guests comments, good or bad, to heart and like to improve daily! Secondly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Comfort Suites Stevens Point. If you would like to talk with me about your stay feel free to contact the hotel at your convience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This will have been the fourth time I have stayed here. I only stay here because of the suite situation and I always take an elder person with. For the most part it is very comfortable and close to the university.

The second time we stayed the room wasn't so clean. The third time we stayed the water in the tube did not drain and no one came to fix it so not all could take showers. This last time we stayed the air conditioning didn't work very well and since it was a warmer weekend it was uncomfortable sleeping.

Although the people are friendly and the place is fairly comfortable. If it wasn't for the situation when I go up we would probably not stay being that there are many hotels in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Comfort_SuitesSP, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Hello! I would like to apologize on behalf of the staff and myself for your unstatisfactory stays with us in the past. If you would like to discuss this further feel free to contact the hotel at your convenience. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Sussex, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

This visit was due to a businesses trip. On checking in I was offered a single bed or double bed room. I chose the single bed which ended up being a suite with a king bed. Room was very clean and well maintained. My room had a refrigerator, microwave, pull out couch anda nice HD TV. Very comfortable accommodations. Also the complimentary breakfast was right on target with many choices. I would definitely stay here again for businesses or personal stays.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us. All of our rooms are suites which is nice for the buisness traveler such as yourself as they do provide everything you listed. Thank you once more, and I look forward to seeing you in the future!
Chicago
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for just one night. Loved the location right off the expressway and close to where I needed to be in Stevens Point. The room was good sized with a sitting area. Haven't stayed in a hotel with a tube TV in a long time. This needs to be upgraded. 32" flat screens are dirt cheap now. Should save the paint on the wall, too, since the back of the TV scraped when you wanted to turn it from the sitting area toward the beds. Breakfast was good enough. Typical for a continental breakfast at a hotel. I would stay here again if I ever needed to be in Stevens Point.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Sunnyand90
Comfort_SuitesSP, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you very much for the kind words, they are always great to hear. It is common to hear about our outdated TV's, but we are in the process of getting them updated! Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Queen room with a couch was very spacious. The bathroom was exceptional - with a nice large counter for toiletries. The room also had a refrigerator and microwave. The TV was a flat screen - only downside is location on a cabinet that is at the same level as the bed- so was a bit harder to see when lying down. The room was clean and mattress comfortable.

Breakfast room was big enough to accomodate larger groups. The usual boiled eggs, waffles, cereals available.

Front desk staff were outstanding. Pool and hot tub were clean and nice. We did not have problems with noise either from other guests or the street in front of the hotel.

The hotel is a convenient drive from the highway.

Would definately stay again when in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank budgettraveler55
Dear Budgettravler55,

Thank you for your kind words. We take pride in doing the best that we can to satisfy our guests. Thank you again and we'll see you next time!
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I usually stay at the Quality Inn in Mosinee when I'm in this area but decided to give this hotel a shot.

Pros:
Upgraded to suite with Platinum Status
Decent size room
Under $80

Cons:
Old TV
Used shampoo bottle in the shower and used towels hung up on the door

More than likely I'll be staying at the Quality Inn in Mosinee from now on. New TVs, rooms were pretty much the same, price is significantly lower, and I've never wondered if the bathroom was actually cleaned or not.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear David J,

I would like to thank you for listing the pros for your stay. It helps keep us on top of what our guests enjoy to provide for our future guests.

As for your cons, I would like to apologize. This is not how we would like our hotel to be protrayed and saddened that you had to experience this. I would also like to thank you for listing your cons for our hotel as it gives us opportunity to grow and brings guest concerns to our attention.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Like other reviews have stated the staff is super - at least the day staff. I did notice that there was a "help wanted' for the 3rd shift desk staff on the marquee out front. This could be why I had a bad experience. I was on a business trip. Like many businees travelers there is work to do in the evening. Upon completion, I wanted to fax it to my HQ to a toll free fax machine. I told the clerk the number and that it was toll free. I needed to send about 15 pages and was told it would be $1.00 page. To a toll free number. In previous visits to the property - which were enjoyed- I was not charged to send a fax - to a toll free number. As an Elite level member of Choice Priveleges, I stay at many Choice Hotels. There has been one other property that charged me for a fax. I have not ever been back to that property. I can add this Choice Suites in Stevens Point to the list.

What is funny is there is a sign at the front desk encouraging you to review the property on Trip Advisor. Well here you go...

Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Fortyplusoutayear
Comfort_SuitesSP, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
First and foremost we would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Comfort Suites and hope to see you again in the future! Our staff prides themselves on being able to provide the highest level of service possible, which is why we are alarmed to hear of your experience with your fax during your stay. Yes, there is a nominal fee for any faxes sent out from our property. Unfortunately there may have been a misunderstanding with the agent who helped you that night because we do not in fact charge for toll free numbers. The agent working when you checked out could have fixed the issue for you immediately had it been brought to their attention. We will gladly rectify the situation with you if you could kindly contact the hotel directly and inform us of the night when this happened so we can refund any charges for the toll free fax and bring it to the attention of the individual who helped you that night. Again we apologize for the fax issue but are glad to hear the rest of your stay was enjoyable.