“Can't miss it, even if you're sleepy! There's room.” 5 of 5 bubbles

AmeriVu Inn & Suites
AmeriVu Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stanley
Marshfield, Wisconsin
“Can't miss it, even if you're sleepy! There's room.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Once, a few years ago, was a motel that rhymes with duper gate, but now has free Wi-Fi @.ABI. $275 fine for smoking in a non-smoke room means the place is without aroma. North side of building has Wolf River view. Pets welcome, but $70 extra if unannounced at time of registration. In room coffee. Toasted bagels, OJ, Phili-cream cheese, milk, cereal, tea and coffee for breakfast. No elevator. Refrigerator not in every room...so you need to ask because most of them do have fridges. At a funeral with a block of eight rooms to use, I really rubbernecked and this place is without worries.

Room Tip: Room 104 had a weak set of 40 watt neon tubes over the spotless mirror and manager was very receptiv...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Upon arrival I was greeted by a young man whom must have saw me struggling with my bags while attempting to open the door at the same time, he diligently came to help me and carried my bags to the front desk where he proceeded to check my granddaughter and I into our room which I had reserved for a three night stay after being checked in, much to my surprise the young man came around the desk and proceeded to carry all of my bags to my room for me. "how sweet." I was given room 107 I believe and it was very clean and welcoming with all the expected amenities you get in a hotel room. It was also very spacious, about 1 1/2 times the size of rooms that I have had in the past at other hotels. The beds were nothing short of comfortable which made for a good night sleep. In the morning there was fresh coffee, o.j.,milk, cereal, and an assortment of beagles, oatmeal, muffins, doughnuts, and I think honey buns. All and all I would most definitely recommend this hotel to anyone in need of a place to rest your head in peace and quiet with no worries, the cute little couple that manage the place will make sure you are well taken care of. They even let me borrow a DVD player at no cost so my granddaughter could watch her favorite movie"Elf". Lovely hotel I will be returning on my next trip to the Stanley WI area. :)

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel over looks the Wolfe River.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Madison, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Prior to making my reservation several months ago, I checked reviews which were not positive but I took a chance anyway. We learned upon arrival that new management had taken over a couple of months ago. The room (two queen beds) was clean and spacious. Continental breakfast was okay--cold or hot (instant) cereal, pastries, orange juice, and coffee. While the price of this place was less than other places in the area, it still seemed a bit high. But we were here during the height of the summer season. The interactive map on the wall near the lobby was a nice touch. If you are in the Stanley area, check out Kutzee's Supper Club on County Highway X, just down the road, for a great evening experience-classic Wisconsin supper club. We would stay here again if we are back in the area.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jeanne E
Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed in April 2013. Reserved a king room. Was shown to a room with a double bed. One double bed. Went back to the desk and said we reserved a room with a king. The female owner said this room was a king, and went to look at the bed with us to confirm it was in fact a double. Really? There was no heat on the the hallways (brr! cold spring) and the distinct smell of a dead mouse somewhere. The room itself was okay, patched bedspread. Seemed clean, nothing fancy. Bed was okay for comfort. Continental breakfast was sparse (coffee, pitcher of juice, pitcher of milk, cereal, donuts) tolerable. There are a McDonalds and another restaurant just down the road. The motel says it has wi-fi, but my iPad couldn't pull in any signal, and my Android phone barely could find one, so that could use improvement. Old fashioned TV (not flat screen) with cable. I think they have closed the whirlpool hot tub that used to be there. All in all, nothing fancy, seems pretty clean, can only hope for improvement as I understand these are new owners.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back (east) side of the motel look over a creek and a trailer park. The front rooms lo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bwoz
Cadott, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

The staff is very accommodating and will go out of their way to help.Clean and comfortable. There is a continental breakfast served in the clean lobby area.Easy on/off from State Hwy.29.Only fast food in town (McDonalds and A&W) located within walking distance.Other restaurants,gas nearby.Nice facility for the small town of Stanley!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jeff d
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

My daughter and I stayed in a double room for one night in November. There was no heat on in the building. The garbage was over flowing at the entrance and blowing all over. The mattress was very uncomfortable you could feel the springs. We asked for a extra blanket because what was on the bed was very thin and shabby and what we got was even worse. Pass on the coffee and doughnuts unless you like frozen doughnuts and hot water. Pass this place and go to the next town.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank WestieLV
IndiaSahil, Manager at AmeriVu Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 8, 2016
as we are new management , so please visit again to give a new chance to improve our service! thank you .

Travelers are raving about these Stanley hotels

Marietta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I made a reservation for two nights in September 2012 at this hotel (via Expedia). There isn't much choice in Stanley, WI. I had to change my travel dates to late October, and I notified the hotel well in advance of my September dates that I wanted the dates changed. The clerk made the change, BUT he then placed a monetary hold for two nights lodging on my credit card (in error) because I hadn't checked in on the September dates! The America's Best clerk admitted the mistake was his, but he was reluctant to fax a release to my financial institution to free the hold. He seemed to feel my bank was unreasonable to ask for a fax, but he finally agreed to send the fax. He did not do what he promised to do, and the hold stayed on my account for over another week. After reading reviews from other travelers about this hotel and thinking about my own experience, I decided to cancel my October reservations. When I called the America's Best desk at Stanley, I was told by the clerk that she was too busy to help me, and that I should call back later. I had encountered the same thing with the male clerk on an earlier occasion. I then called Expedia and canceled the October reservation through them, but before I did, I told the America's Best clerk that her hotel is losing my business due to their poor customer service. I am staying in Chippewa Falls rather than put up with more frustration from America's Best. If this service is indicative of "America's Best", I'd hate to see "America's Worst"!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Nancy G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stanley
FairBridge Inn & Suites Thorp
#1 of 1 in Willard
Countryside Motel
Countryside Motel
#1 of 1 in Cadott

Been to AmeriVu Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!