Review Highlights
Awesome.

This was my second time there and the two visits were 8 years apart. We had Steve for our guide and... read more

Reviewed yesterday
52tonyh
Somerset, Wisconsin
via mobile
Wonderful experience

Great way to spend a rainy April afternoon. Tour was informative n fun for all our kids age... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
taryns
Boyceville, Wisconsin
via mobile

All reviews our tour guide gift shop total darkness gem mining day trip bring a jacket light jacket picnic area twin cities interesting facts fun adventure great tour year round young ones hour tour duck lots of fun
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

This was our 2nd time here in 6yrs. Well worth the return. Such an amazing site, and learning about caves.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

We had a blast at the Crystal Cave. A year later and my then 4 year old is still talking about it. The cave and tour were so great and we ended with the panning for gems. You probably only need to buy one bag though...not a whole bucket.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed August 22, 2018

We live in the Twin Cities and remember going to the cave in Hannibal, MO that was mentioned in Mark Twain’s Tom Sawyer. This cave is worth the day trip out there, it was my wife, my 2 adult children, and my 4 month old twin granddaughters. It was a very well done tour and am considering taking my class there this fall. We didnt pan for gems, but that looked fun as well. A jacket or sweatshirt might be handy to bring along, as it is 50 degrees in the cave. If you’ve been to older, more grandiose caves, remind yourself that in 1,000 years, this cave is gonna be awesome!!!!!

Reviewed August 19, 2018

We enjoyed the cave, but coming from Missouri which has a lot of caves it was kind of average. I thought the tour was very educational and entertaining, but it was very hard to keep a 2, 4, and 6 year old contained and occupied for that long. It would have been easier if they were older.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank carolynmM6863SP
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

We took out 3 and 6 year old to the cave for a fun adventure. Our guide, Collin, did a good job on the tour, but he was extremely scripted. It would have been nice if he were a little more personable. The tour was nice & very informative. My 3-year old got bored halfway through. My 6-year old liked the “glow-in-the-dark” rocks in the wishing Room, but was disappointed there was only one crystal rock.

Crystal Cave is similar to the other caves I’ve been too (there have been many). A fun adventure if you are close; I wouldn’t travel out of my way to go.