“A treat in the Spring Green area!”
Review of Spring Valley Inn

Spring Valley Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Spring Green
RatherNotSay
“A treat in the Spring Green area!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Now I understand why the Spring Valley Inn books up quickly! Private and charming with extremely friendly staff and a conscientious owner, it appears they've thought of pretty much everything. The hotel is well cared for, but it is the extras that really start adding up: a beautiful pool and hot tub, a convenience store area, complimentary hot breakfast, a firepit, an attached cafe that feels more like a big living room that overlooks an area dedicated to the area's birds (many varieties of birds come to feed). While easily located near the highway, it was surprisingly quiet and private. They have grown the hotel into an intimate resort. We've stayed a number of places in the area, but we'll be back to the Spring Valley Inn. Thank you John and Cole and everyone else for a great stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Spring Valley Inn has hosted our family reunions fo over 10 years. We love the large pool, hot breakfast, the fire pit, and the children's play area.

The staff is friendly and accommodating, They have modified their schedule to accommodate our attendance at the Shakespeare plays at American Players Theater. The staff is now part of our family. They call me "Grandma Connie" and hug me when I come.

Connie Lee

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank connie l
Edina, Minnesota
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were staying at the Spring Valley Inn and my car dome light was left on overnight resulting in not being able to start my car in the morning - we were scheduled to go to Frank Lloyd Wright Taliesin - the motel owner very kindly drove us in his car to Taliesin, picked us up when we were done, and got my car started for us - now that is what I call very special service to his guests. I would make sure I stayed there the next time I go to Spring Green. The hotel has nice sauna, pool, hot tub, breakfast, and rooms.It is close to Taliesin, House on the Rock, and the city of Spring Green. We stayed there in Oct. and the rates were reasonable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank marshae608
Foristell, Missouri, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I read reviews on Spring Valley Inn and couldn't wait to book my rooms for June. i called and left a message on a Friday, and again, the following Monday. They returned my call Tuesday. I thought, being St. Patrick's weekend, perhaps they were out and about, not to mention the weather they were experiencing.

The previous reviewer did not mention making a phone call, which is was what I did first. Considering how small and personal the hotel seems to be, I though phoning was best. They may not be as on top of online booking, as Hotel Impossible suggests, but, one needs to have some patience, especially if it is the hotel they want.

As far as rates go, they have some of the best, and breakfast!

I rated 4 because I haven't stayed yet, but the previous comment was not fair.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lynnette G
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Spring Valley Inn continues to be a wonder place to saty in the Spring green area. it is neat, clean and the owners make sure the breakfast is warm and well presented.I have stayed there a number of times and will continue to choose it for the location, the atmophere and the service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank outsteppin
Illinois
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed one night at this very nice inn 3 miles outside of Spring Green - they were booked up the rest of the weekend. Our room was large with FL Wright style furniture. They serve a hot breakfast buffet in their bar/restaurant. This is a charming round building with a fireplace and windows on 3 sides. There is also a very large indoor swimming pool and a good fitness center which we did not have time to use.The owner John was very friendly and it was nice to stay in a quiet motel surrounded by trees and away from the main part of town.Near Tower Hill State Park and Frank L Wright's Talisin. I understand that if you want to stay the whole weekend you have to book ahead.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ramikat
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of our stay. Our room was spotlessly clean and very quiet, with comfortable beds. Decor is simple, not high-end by any means, but that's to be expected at this price point. The FL Wright drawings lining the walls are fascinating. We're used to more urban locations and hotel chains, so it was almost exciting to be able to control the heat in our room. The complimentary breakfast is called continental, but that is nearly a disservice to the generous yet simple buffet that was offered. Eggs and sausage (for English muffin sandwiches), fruit, oatmeal and a supply of breakfast pastry was served in full view of a busy collection of bird feeders. Free wifi in the common areas. Probably our only complaint was the fact that there were only five TV channels, but even that wasn't a big deal. We would definitely return to this inn the next time we're in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 3 in Richland Center
Quality Inn Mineral Point
Quality Inn Mineral Point
#2 of 3 in Mineral Point

Been to Spring Valley Inn? Share your experiences!