Spring Valley Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Spring Green Motel(Spring Green)
  • Pool
  • Room Service
Round Barn Lodge(Spring Green)
Bel-Aire Motel(Mazomanie)
Don Q Inn(Dodgeville)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewspat's placefire pitfrank lloyd wrighthot breakfastbird feederssteam roomthe american players theaterlarge poolspring greensfree breakfastdown the roadother guestsvisitor's centerhot tubwafflesnew mattressesrestaurant bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were staying at the Spring Valley Inn and my car dome light was left on overnight resulting in not being able to start my car in the morning - we were scheduled to go to Frank Lloyd Wright Taliesin - the motel owner very kindly drove us in his car to Taliesin, picked us up when we were done, and got my car started for us - now that is what I call very special service to his guests. I would make sure I stayed there the next time I go to Spring Green. The hotel has nice sauna, pool, hot tub, breakfast, and rooms.It is close to Taliesin, House on the Rock, and the city of Spring Green. We stayed there in Oct. and the rates were reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank marshae608
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I read reviews on Spring Valley Inn and couldn't wait to book my rooms for June. i called and left a message on a Friday, and again, the following Monday. They returned my call Tuesday. I thought, being St. Patrick's weekend, perhaps they were out and about, not to mention the weather they were experiencing.

The previous reviewer did not mention making a phone call, which is was what I did first. Considering how small and personal the hotel seems to be, I though phoning was best. They may not be as on top of online booking, as Hotel Impossible suggests, but, one needs to have some patience, especially if it is the hotel they want.

As far as rates go, they have some of the best, and breakfast!

I rated 4 because I haven't stayed yet, but the previous comment was not fair.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lynnette G
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Spring Valley Inn continues to be a wonder place to saty in the Spring green area. it is neat, clean and the owners make sure the breakfast is warm and well presented.I have stayed there a number of times and will continue to choose it for the location, the atmophere and the service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank outsteppin
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed one night at this very nice inn 3 miles outside of Spring Green - they were booked up the rest of the weekend. Our room was large with FL Wright style furniture. They serve a hot breakfast buffet in their bar/restaurant. This is a charming round building with a fireplace and windows on 3 sides. There is also a very large indoor swimming pool and a good fitness center which we did not have time to use.The owner John was very friendly and it was nice to stay in a quiet motel surrounded by trees and away from the main part of town.Near Tower Hill State Park and Frank L Wright's Talisin. I understand that if you want to stay the whole weekend you have to book ahead.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ramikat
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of our stay. Our room was spotlessly clean and very quiet, with comfortable beds. Decor is simple, not high-end by any means, but that's to be expected at this price point. The FL Wright drawings lining the walls are fascinating. We're used to more urban locations and hotel chains, so it was almost exciting to be able to control the heat in our room. The complimentary breakfast is called continental, but that is nearly a disservice to the generous yet simple buffet that was offered. Eggs and sausage (for English muffin sandwiches), fruit, oatmeal and a supply of breakfast pastry was served in full view of a busy collection of bird feeders. Free wifi in the common areas. Probably our only complaint was the fact that there were only five TV channels, but even that wasn't a big deal. We would definitely return to this inn the next time we're in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family