“Beautiful view and friendly place”

Riverview Terrace Cafe
Ranked #8 of 21 Restaurants in Spring Green
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located within the Frank Lloyd Wright Visitor Center, the Riverview Terrace Cafe has a warm and friendly atmosphere with windows that span the entire length of the building, giving guests an unforgettable view overlooking the scenic Wisconsin River. Frank Lloyd Wright's only restaurant design serves as the gateway to his Taliesin estate. For those traveling for business or pleasure, the restaurant also has free access to Wi-Fi. Sit, dine, relax and enjoy!
Reviewed July 19, 2013

It's conveniently located, beautifully done in the Prairie style with a panoramic view of the Wisconsin River and the valley. Food, at lunch, was delicious and service warm and friendly.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We visited the restaurant for lunch. Since it was the weekend, we were also able to order brunch. Both my son and I ordered the omelets which were excellent. The omelets were filled with meats (his) and vegetables (mine). The plates came with choice of fruit cup or roasted potatoes. They served a nice portion for either choice. A large biscuit also accompanied the omelets. My husband ordered the Reuben. He had no complaints. I had ordered a cup of New England Clam Chowder to start that was as good as any I ever had in New England. It was very flavorful, rich and creamy, and filled with large chunks of potatoes and clams. I would highly recommend this soup if you see it on the menu.

2  Thank TravelingMcK
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had a very satisfying dinner and were well counseled by our waiter, Aaron. Our local river trout was light but tasty, the local fresh asparagus was grilled perfectly, and the caprese salad was a nice touch. Every table has a view of the wide expanse of the Wisconsin River and every table has FL Wright styled chairs. It was a very nice experience to have in the Wright land. I also noticed they were very attentive to theater attendees in order to get them to the play on time. I would return. The only issue I have is the wine list as I like European wine.

1  Thank pipian
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Located within the Frank Lloyd Wright Spring Green Visitor Center, this seasonal (May through October) cafe offers fresh, tasty fare in an area that overlooks the beautiful Wisconsin River. We enjoyed lunch early one Saturday afternoon. My Cajun seafood chowder was creamy AND spicy! I found the flavors in the fresh Goat Cheese & Almond salad with dried cranberries complex, and the textures varied. The hot, crusty bread served with the salad was outstanding! My companion enjoyed his Taliesin salad with cucumber and dill dressing. We opted for Madison’s famous Hubbard Avenue Key Lime Cheesecake pie. My companion proclaimed it was "better than anything we had in Key west'! We shared a piece over a large (22oz) pot of Organic Fair Trade French Press coffee which was delicious!

1  Thank VaporK8
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We decided to return to Riverview Terrace after a visit last year. This time we brought friends. Service was impeccable and the food was wonderful. Walleye and the pork loin were especially good. Staff were aware we needed to get out in time for theater, and they were most helpful. As before, the views of the Wisconsin River and the valley were outstanding. Not sure how the cafe holds up for lunch, but we plan to try that next. All in our party agreed the restaurant warrants highest ratings. Our server was particularly astute - she knew who should get which check, based on who sat with an obstructed view of the scenery!