“Great place to eat !”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Spring Green
Houston, TX
“Great place to eat !”
Reviewed July 11, 2010

We stopped at the Round Barn Lodge & Restraunt for lunch at 10:15 am last Tuesday(we wanted to eat before going to House on the Rock). They do not start serving lunch until 11 am. However, they allowed us to order off the lunch menu early. The staff was very accomodating & friendly. Our group ordered the Triple Cheese Melt, Chicken Sandwhich & Hamburger. The food was outstanding. Not fancy, but delicious. We were impressed that they allowed to order lunch, even though it wasn't 11 am yet.

We did not spend the night at the lodge. This was a day trip for us.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cary, IL
Reviewed July 5, 2010

We checked in and they charged 85 per night for a double room. It does smell like an old folks home. We opened the windows, but the screens are improperly installed and broken and we were eaten alive by mosquitos in our sleep. The best part was the next day when the blonde, bipolar desk clerk confronted me and asked if I was smoking in the room. (They charge poeple an additional $150 for smoking in the room). I told her I didn't smoke and not only was she mistaken, but she was also very rude to me. In fact, I was so put off by her attitude I decided to check out immediately and told her we would never stay at this hotel again on account of my experience with her. She said she was going to go back and smell the room again. I told her to get a life..

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank DaiseyMoonshine
MPLS
Reviewed June 13, 2010

This place is Musky and Stinky. I felt as if I was breathing in Toxic mold. They advertised having a sauna..............NOT. False advertising.

The bed springs felt as if they were poking me through my back. Awful nights rest! $90 bucks and for what? Go to the Spring Valley Inn for $10.00 more you get a class act!!! Sauna, pool, whirlpool, steam room and an awsome breakfast! Excellent stay here!

The only positive here I must say was the staff!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank alphabk9
Madison, WI
Reviewed April 8, 2010

I have stayed at the Round Barn several times as a chaperone on a high school field trip to American Players Theater. The staff are very helpful and the hotel is clean and quiet, especially considering that the weekend I am there, it is full of teenagers. There aren't a million features or amenities, but it's an inexpensive, clean place to stay.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed December 29, 2009

We stayed here for one night recently and were very pleased with the attitude of the staff, cleanliness of the property, maintenance of the pool and comfort of the beds. It should be noted that this is not a bed and breakfast, as it is categorized on TA. It is a hotel, and should be placed in the proper category so that visitors to this site might find this very good lodging option more easily.

Our room had a king bed with a full size sleeper sofa that our two kids shared. The sink is outside the toilet/tub room which facilitates getting ready. The room was much larger than the typical hotel room, with a fairly large tiled area at the entrace by the closet, which was good for removing snowy boots, storing skis, etc. In room coffee maker and complimentary coffee in the lobby. Nice game area with pool table is available in a room next to the large indoor pool Several of the rooms and the pool area had interesting, beamed ceilings.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Wheaton, IL
Reviewed August 31, 2009

Booked two rooms for an American Players Theater weekend. Play was great! A true jewel in the woods. I planned late, so all high-end places were booked. Our room smelled like cat pee covered by heavy deodorizer, but I did get used to it. Also, upon arrival we found a huge, gross dead bug--the likes of which we had never seen before, making the Round Barn a potential designation hotel for entomologists.

Two 10yo girls with us noted the smell, but still had a fun time. Good pool, ok restaurant.

Upon leaving, front desk lady had a meltdown when I wanted AAA rate reflected in bill, "you should have shown the card when you arrived, now it's too late." "Has the card been billed" says I. "No, but once the bill is made out it can't be changed" says she.

After checkout my wife went back for something and she was still talking about our "confrontation" with some poor woman holding her wedding dress checking in (not a bright start to married life!) "I mean...was I WRONG???" She said, "Common sense tells you to show the AAA card upon check in. Now he's thrown off my whole day." Note: fragile check in lady.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank dknelson
Schaumburg, IL
Reviewed May 26, 2009

Think back to 1980's when you had to travel with your own hair dryer. Lucky for me my husband asked and was told they do not supply them. Repeating what other reviewers said that it has an odor in halls and rooms. Hodge/podge furniture looks like they hit the yard sales to decorate beds and furnishings. Yes, a pu-ic hair on toilet seat,but rest of the room was clean (i.e. nothing on sheets in bed at least). Carpet was dark green and worn in spots, and didn't match the burgandy drapes or blue bedspread. Noisy drinkers pounding on outside doors at 2 AM is not my idea of a cozy night in Spring Green combined with all of the above. Pass this one up. Serious updating needed, and yet they said they were full (well, you haven't seen their competition and I did).

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
#1 of 3 in Richland Center
Quality Inn Mineral Point
Quality Inn Mineral Point
#2 of 3 in Mineral Point

Been to Round Barn Lodge? Share your experiences!